email@example.com | https://hannahemckeown.wixsite.com/portfolio D&AD New Blood Ones to Watch 2020 Disabled but coping creative / art director. I’m a creative with experience working on a range of different brands, from space to beer. As a passionate ad girl, one of my goals is to push boundaries within media. Being disabled, I found this essential and has subsequently influences my creative work to challenge everyday behaviours and perceptions. My work is often celebrated for its uses of ‘killer’ key insights and becoming passionate about each brief I take on. My proudest achievement was being selected as one of D&AD’s up and coming talents for my work on changing perception of disability for Durex in 2020. I also work freelance as a graphics artist for a range of musician clients: creating artwork, videos and promotional materials. See more work at https://hannahemckeown.wixsite.com/portfolio
- Popular media paints an exclusionary image of sex. Anything outside of that? It’s ‘awkward’. With one of us being disabled, we see first hand how society avoids and excludes disabled people and in turn, sex and disability become taboo and shameful. We want to empower disabled people to break the stereotypes around sex and end awkardness through our campaign ‘Sexability’. Sexability means everyone has the ability to have sex. Fun, awkward sex. Because sex is awkward, no matter your ability. T
- Drink spiking is a rising epidemic in the UK, which is why we want to give people a better way of protecting themselves on a night out. The famous red Smirnoff logo will be used to integrate test strips that turn blue if they come in contact with spiking chemicals, so all you have to remember is that Smirnoff is red, not blue.
- HMV asked to re-brand their store and image in order to appeal to millennials. Although the younger generations prefer consuming media from their phones or computers, there is something they value more and more as technology advances: live experiences. We are repositioning HMV from being a business that provides physical entertainment, to a brand that provides live music.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Pitching, hustling, scribbling, sea swimming, protesting, researching, dog walking, arguing, crafting and having fun. Week in, week out. That's how, in 2018 and 2019, our students have won the most number of awards compared to any other ad school in the world. Our course has an uncompromising emphasis on learning by doing. And it works. Our grad network is the biggest and most successful in the world, and you will find Falmouth folk working in renowned ad agencies including Ogilvy, Wieden
- Spaceport Cornwall wants to engage with UK start-ups or SMEs to promote satellite payload for Virgin Orbit’s small horizontal satellite launch. They’re message is they have a more cost effective and environmentally friendly launch that is accessible in the UK. So, my creative partnership came up with the campaign "Claim Your Space" as a call to action for buisnesses to see how everyday space could be benefitted by being in atmospheric space.
Falmouth, United KingdomFreelance
We worked with Mutiny Agency on Spaceport Cornwall. Spaceport Cornwall wanted to gain public approval for their exciting launch and introduce the county into the world of space.
- Creative Art Direction
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Problem Solving
- Experiential Advertising
- Campaign Creation
- Transmedia Storytelling
Design and Art DirectionD&AD New Blood Academy
- London, United Kingdom
Along with winning Ones to Watch, I took part in the New Blood Academy this year. Learning from industry leaders to expand my knowledge of the industry and craft in advertising. This course is only open to the top rising talent in design and advertising from around the world.