COMMUNICATION - frequently working with a diverse range of people from students to people more senior than myself. DEVELOPMENT - shown by numerous successes within both media development and progression of Societies & Sports teams. ORGANISATION - accustomed to working to tight deadlines, leading and managing teams of people as well as proven track record of helping organize large-scale events. CLIENT SERVICE - proven by winning numerous awards due to the commitment and dedication put into any job.
• Act as a point of contact for over 150 Sports Clubs, Societies and Media outelts that wish to hold events, offering advice and support throughout the year some examples include; o Helping organize 3 ‘balls’ for up to a capacity of 700 members of sports teams and societies to attend. This included gaining raffle prizes (raising over £1000 over the 2 nights), sponsorship and supplies for the event. o Working with both Royal Holloway College and the Students’ Union on doing multiple events of the LGBT+ Month including, workshops, guest lectures, a film screening, a club night and designing pin badges and t-shirts to sell. This was one of the most rewarding parts of the job to put on not just one but numerous events within a short space of time to educate and celebrate LGBT+ Month.
• Creation of the termly broadcasting schedule with over 150 applicants to; shortlist, interview and then finally, create a schedule that aired over 14 hours daily. • From the 2013/2014 schedule to the 2014-2015 schedule, the stations output in terms of speech-based programming has increased from 6% to 18%. These included; guest lectures, welfare related shows, radio plays, careers advice etc. • The stations community involvement has increased recognized at the Student Radio Awards (2015). • Creation of Insanity Radio’s first marketing pack in the last 3 years to pass onto the newly elected Head of Marketing. • Winning 2 awards whilst within the job due to the commitment and impact whilst in the position.
• Provide advice and guidance to prospective students about Royal Holloway and university life in general; assists with a wide range of external-facing on-campus events, such as Open Days, UCAS Visit Days, Summer Schools and Taster sessions. • Duties include welcoming visitors, giving campus tours and taking part in question and answer sessions. Additionally working off campus at HE Fairs, UCAS Conventions and school visits.
• Developing Norfolk Wealth Managements marketing at events including the Dragon boat Festival and Somerleyton 5km race. • Shadowing the company’s seminars to important clients and businesses, developing my understanding on how to give an effective but efficient PowerPoint. • A basic understanding of how to begin advising clients in all areas of wealth management. • General day-to-day paperwork and the running of the practice.
• Customer service skills including; working on the tills selling goods and add-ons for example insurance against set targets. • The returning of goods that are unsuitable or faulty. • Stock room work such as accepting, coordinating and checking deliveries from main distribution centers and creating visually appealing displays. • Collection duties including locating of goods and ensuring correct orders given out, often under time constraints but making sure that customer service was always paramount. • Becoming an experienced and well-respected member of the team I was able to delegate jobs under time restrains to other colleagues.
F600 BSc (Hons) - 2:1
Maths - AS Level - D Physics - A Level - C Geology - A Level - B Geography - A Level - C
PEO Level 2 - Pass
Recognizes success through participation and is awarded to a student who has promoted and developed the Students
Is to reward innovation and leadership skills, as well as sustained commitment over a prolonged period of time.
Awarded to individual members of societies/media outlets who have served their group above and beyond the call of duty be that individual on the committee or not.
Awarded to an individual who has shown commitment, improvement and talent on the radio.
Having the most meritous work by a first year student in the Earth Sciences department.