• Freelance consulting with artist management and Scandinavian music export programs, US marketing and media strategies, and international management while living in Oslo, Norway, New York, NY, and London, UK. • Maintaining budgets, coordinating publishing and sync for my artists, as well as acting as a liaison between booking agents, touring, record labels, and distribution, market planning, and more. • Talent development for Greek, Scandinavian, American, and UK based artists
• Established, directed, and curated a vinyl-focused, taste-maker label along with the company/blog Gorilla Vs Bear. For years, we discovered new artists, and developed their careers through limited release marketing, press, and new social media online campaigns. • Our artists went on to sell out all of their physical copies, including re-releases. Most of the artists have gone on to sign with major labels as we continue to further develop their success.
• Tour marketing & label liaison between the four labels, TMs, venues, booking agents and promoters • Press/Tour announcements, organising national street team for direct marketing promotions • Head of production and marketing materials and distribution of for all label campaigns • Building marketing outlines, creative online campaigns, and establishing relationships with new innovative marketing, media & promotional companies and websites/tools • Organising/upkeep of the multiple labels’ social networking sites, coming up with creative social networking marketing plans and the promotion of. • Planning and promoting networking events, (ie. listening album release parties for all projects) • Created and oversaw all national street teams and creative marketing campaigns for members • A&R scouting for XL Recordings US • Full product management for 2+ Beggars Group artists
• Maintaining budgets as well as press and contacts databases, maintaining social media websites and campaigns, promoter & album mailings, sending press releases, and initiating public relations correspondence with radio stations. • Organising PQ sheets, filing artwork, and organising production scheduling/information • Corresponding with product manufacturers and maintaining production and mastering
Piedmont Triad Weekly Magazine: • Created, established, and authored “Heather Mac’s Triad Music Scene” music section (writing album reviews, upcoming show previews, artist and album features, etc) in YES! Weekly Magazine • Promotional print work with North Carolina labels, venues, and artists, as well as visiting artists • Creating, maintaining, and promoting Yes! Weekly music online column and social networks • Staff writer for additional feature articles
• Updating company website/back end, obtaining visas for international artists • sending press releases & maintaining social media sites for artists and Ground Control • Contract and database maintenance for venues, artists, promoters and agents • Sending updates, riders to promoters, and liaison between company and promoters
(NC concert promotion and management company) – Routing tours, composing & sending press releases, regional marketing. Booking and promoting NC entertainment events.