Hey, I'm Hollie a recent Graphic Design graduate from Nottingham Trent University. I’m from a small town up 'North' but also referred to as the ‘Fake Northener’. My inspiration and how I design is influenced by where I was brought up. I have a keen interest in packaging, branding and editorial with a purpose behind every idea and decision throughout my creative process. I’m ready for the next challenge that comes my way pushing me out of my comfort zone. Looking for opportunities to launch me into the start of (hopefully) my design career! email@example.com
- 54.6°N, 1.14°WCelebrate a craft. My grandad worked at the Steelworks, Middlesborough for 32 years. I interviewed him talking about the good, the bad, the ugly and where he thinks the future of the steel industry is heading but what it also means to the North East. The design and aesthetic of the book is heavily influenced by my visit to the Steelworks where he once worked, photographing this oddly charming place.
- Dots + Dashes - BulletproofCreate a brand from a given news headline 'The first telegraph message using dots and dashes through New Jersey.' As a society, sexual paraphernalia is considered a taboo despite enhancing our sexual experience. A sexual wellness brand both subtle and minimalistic. Product name disguised with morse code and defined by a sense. The dots represent female, dashes, male. Identify as neither? Merge the dot and the dash to create a gender-fluid symbol. I was awarded 'Highly Commended'
- The Noble ExperimentA gin brand that is based around a 1920 prohibition conspiracy theory. It was thought that the American government poisoned alcohol to stop people drinking in the 1920s. Naming it the 'The Noble Experiment'. Chemists prescribed alcohol using fake prescriptions to serve the people whilst Al Capone, a notorious American gangster, orchestrated the smuggling of alcohol into the country. 2 gins, 2 stories. A heavier, drier gin shows Al Capone’s imprisonment. Whereas a lighter, sweeter gin to show th
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Nottingham Trent University, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignThe Graphic Design course at NTU promotes multidisciplinary, variety, diversity and experimentation. The course benefits from a broad-based curriculum that allows students to explore and experience the full range of disciplines within the subject of graphic design with a focus on ideas, individuality and professionalism. We are committed to supporting a lively studio environment with a collaborative approach to learning, and a valuable sense of community. The course has strong links with indus54
- NTU InterrobangGraphic Design at NTU focuses on strategy, concept and the big idea. Our degree show celebrates the unique ideas of our students just as much as their finished outcomes. Our theme this year — Interrobang — celebrates that ‘eureka moment’ when you finally solve a brief you’ve been wrestling with. Along side their portfolio of work, each student has made their own interpretation of the interrobang symbol. These marks created the visual identity for our degree show. Live degree show online: http
- NTU InterrobangNTU graphic design degree show 2020 Graphic Design at NTU focuses on strategy, concept and the big idea. NTU Interrobang celebrates the unique ideas from the students just as much as their finished outcomes. The theme – Interrobang – celebrates that ‘eureka moment’ when you finally solve a brief you’ve been wrestling with. It focuses on the feeling of relief, excitement and motivation that a graphic designers experiences in the journey and development of a project. The interrobang combines a qu