• Leading and expanding the Project Management team to become not simply a delivery function for the commercial content partnerships across the MailOnline portfolio but also a central resource to support the velocity of growth experienced over the last few years. Recruiting, training and motivating the team to become best in market. • Forging relationships across the print titles, The Daily Mail and Metro to produce the first cross platform commercial campaigns, working directly with editorial, creative and marketing teams to ensure delivery. • Creative brainstorming, competitive analysis, commercial strategy and leveraging industry relationships were my day to day focus to go out to market with the sales team to convert £1m plus partnership deals. • Driving innovation within the department for new creative content formats and ideas, collaborating with editorial at inception stage and recruiting market leading third parties to execute them. • Initiating the analysis of the commercial campaigns profitability, setting up the procedures and process to ensure costs were captured and fed back to the sales department and editorial. • Collaborating with the other 'Heads of' in the department and setting up working groups to assess and brainstorm on systems use, efficiency procedures and the workflow between the sales, ad ops, design and project management teams. • Working closely with the Head of Audience Development to ensure data was central to every commercial partnership and driving this information to editorial developments and the partnership and affiliate teams.
• Working cross-platform on all titles, including, press, online, iPad, mobile and social from crafting the idea at the initial brief stage through to the final post campaign analysis. Working directly with editorial, an internal design team and external suppliers to deliver industry leading creative executions for some of the biggest brands in the UK with world class client servicing. • Promoted to manage a team of 6 direct reports alongside delivering million pound plus commercial sponsorship and partnership campaigns across The Times, The Sun and The Sunday Times. • My attention to detail is first class, running extensive and demanding timelines and budgets consistent with campaign managing million pound budget deals. I ran not only individual deal’s profitability but also the team’s costs as a whole to ensure that we hit a profitability of 82% by negotiating contracts with our suppliers, rates with designers and actively finding the most efficient way to minimise costs. • My negotiation, diplomacy and face to face skills are second to none having had to daily walk the fine line between editorial integrity and client brand satisfaction to achieve truly native content. • Fantastic relationships with not only the largest media agencies in the industry from Group M, Publicis and Omnicom but also direct with some of the biggest brands in the UK; TK Maxx, Samsung, Rimmel and BA just in the last year. Please see the TK Maxx campaign here: http://vimeo.com/channels/634491 • I led multiple deals at one time that could include over 30 individual stakeholders from the client, media agency, internal and third party supplier lasting sometimes over a year. • Relationship management is one of my leading strengths as I pulled not only project teams but my own team together during intensely stressful and demanding workloads that national press demands. • An extensive network of creative suppliers in all categories to pull together shoots from fashion to fridges including, photographers, talent agents, stylists, makeup artists and studios. Please see my work for Samsung UK in The Sunday Times Magazine at http://vimeo.com/channels/801769 • I was The Sunday Times champion within the team and continue to run the weekly editorial meeting with Eleanor Mills, Editorial Director of The Sunday Times ensuring creative commercial ideas have editorial buy in and we are up to date with the editorial schedule and overall direction of the newspaper.
• Promoted to work across all platforms and all titles when The Times, Sunday Times and The Sun were merged in to one commercial department due to my success managing the supplements business. • Working on the biggest and most high profile Olympic partnerships at News UK delivering campaigns for P&G in The Sunday Times and McDonalds in The Sun. • A very proud member of the idea winning team of the Brighton Media Business Course 2012. • Becoming an expert in social media, new platforms such as augmented reality and mobile developments to constantly push a campaigns effectiveness and bring ever new ideas and executions to the table. • Liaising with every single department within News UK from marketing, production, editorial, accounts, PR and sales to create a network of contacts to ensure creatively we were forging new ground and breaking the commercial norms.
• I was the first exec on the trading floor to work across press and digital sides of the Times Media business; I was account manager for agencies such as John Ayling and Initiative as well as direct clients. • I enjoyed the pressured environment of a busy national newspaper and thrived at responding to cross platform briefs and leading a new way of selling across the trading floor. • Fantastic face to face sales experience and knowledge base across all the products in the Times portfolio.
• Promoted to senior sales executive within 9 months of starting the role, I quickly adapted to tight deadlines, a high level of responsibility and a pressurised sales environment. • Working on Vogue Magazine I managed a team of 10 sales executives creating 15 pages of classifieds. • I hit my individual target every issue I worked on and increased the jewellery features yoy revenue by 30%. • I liaised with agencies and direct clients, building face to face and direct sales experience as well as strong production skills, producing inspiring pages employing copy writing, advert design and mail shots.
A-English, A-Politics, B-Business Studies