Hello, I'm Indira. I'm an award-winning marketer and strategist with over ten years' experience in the publishing industry. I specialise in brand strategy, community building and audience engagement through social media and digital content. Since 2017 I have been an executive producer on an award-winning youth culture podcast called This Is Spoke and, more recently, I have become an executive producer on the multi-award-winning Penguin Podcast. Outside of my day job, I'm a freelance photographer and writer who collaborates closely with clients to create dreamy and evocative imagery that showcases their products and/or services and connects deeply with their audiences.
- Audiobook WeekA content series dedicated to audiobooks, from a beginner's guide to getting started with audiobooks to a personal essay on their power to lists featuring the year's most interesting audiobooks and the Penguin audience's all-time favourites and, of course, a quiz. Series lead/curation and some writing by me Illustration: Alex Francis How audiobooks helped me build a new life written by Lu-Hai Liang / Edited by Alice Vincent Getting started with audiobooks written by Donna Mackay
- OT Posterwall in HamburgExcited to share that one of my photographs is up on a billboard in Eppendorf, Hamburg for the duration of this week. Each week this billboard (and the accompanying Instagram account) showcases the work of a different artist – a lockdown project dreamt up by creative studio Other Types as a way to spread inspiration during a quiet time for outdoor advertising. I shot this on medium format during a trip to Dungeness last summer, when we were afforded a bit of freedom after our lockdown in spring
- Lend Me Your Eyes: A NewsletterAs a person who spends a lot of time on the internet, and a person who spends a lot of time reading things I find on the internet and then boring friends and colleagues with the aforementioned things I've learned on the internet, it felt like a sensible idea to start a newsletter to capture all this moderately interesting stuff in one place. In 2015, as Tinyletter newsletters started popping up all over the place, I joined in and started my once-weekly but now somewhat irregular newsletter. Ove
- Ask PenguinInspired by Reddit AMAs and early-era Twitter Q&As, I developed Ask Penguin: a virtual equivalent of asking a trusted friend for a book recommendation. Occurring on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at the same time each week (or every quarter, in the case of Instagram), readers can share their preferences and ask Penguin what to read next, getting a personalised suggestion based on their taste, directly from a member of the Penguin digital team in response. Since starting the project, authors are
- Lockdown Observations on FilmI am drawn to documenting the easily overlooked details of ordinary life that are all around us, and during lockdown in spring 2020, I made it a point to notice more and photograph some of these scenes (on film) whether at home or while out on my one walk of the day. The result is a catalogue of life during a particularly unusual time – a catalogue of photographs which feel both entirely normal and not-so-normal in their sense of solitude and stillness.
- Dependency [+ a charity print sale]Dependency is an ongoing series that explores the unique symbiosis between greenhouses and the flora within; without the built structure, these plants would not be able to thrive and without the plants, the greenhouse would be rendered meaningless. With continuing concerns around the destruction of the natural world due to climate change, an ever-expanding global population and continuing industrialisation, this personal photography project explores an alternate world – a kind of utopia – where
+ View all
+ Show more
- Brand Building
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- Film Photography
- Digital Photograhy
- Feature Writing
Best Adult Non-Fiction CampaignThe Book Marketing SocietyI was part of the core marketing team on Barack Obama's A Promised Land; on this campaign I led on digital content strategy, commissioning and writing for Penguin's owned channels.
+ Show more