- Managed the Local Favorites project for the fastest growing arts and culture platform, The Culture Trip. Included hiring, interviewing and managing four interns and two remote workers. - Communication with PRs and organisations featured in our articles to promote our platform and increase readership. - Used my contacts to research, conduct, edit, and publish interviews for the website. Among others, I interviewed jazz musician Terri Lyne Carrington, the executive chef of SUSHISAMBA London, and the rising ethical handbag designer, Akosua Afriyie-Kumi. - Managed a weekly mail out to over 100,000 recipients, including creating and editing various newsletters with both MailChimp and SendGrid. - Devised strategies to market our articles on Facebook, using Facebook advertising. - Experience with Wordpress and Naked CMS, utilising SEO, collaborative drive systems, Google Analytics, photo editing software and all elements of Microsoft and Mac. - My team helped to boost unique monthly views from an average of 1.1 million to 1.8 million, and unique daily views from an average of 35,000 to 55,000 in our first month of employment. By February, there was an average of ~100,000 daily views.
- Employed by the University to assist Dr Joe Kember with his upcoming publication. - Required to analyse and collate trends in early cinema-going in Bristol from online newspaper archives. Required high levels of organisation and utilising spreadsheets to categorise information. - Included in the acknowledgements of the publication for my contribution.
- Advising Humanities students at the University of Exeter on structural, grammatical and linguistic elements of their assessed work, helping them to improve. - Contributing to the UWC blog on writing skills: https://undergraduatewritingcentre.wordpress.com - Nominated for Student Employee of the Year for my work.
- Elected as Editor for the University of Exeter’s only arts and culture magazine, following a year as Film Contributor (2013-14). - Supervising writers, editing submissions for print and contributing to elements of the publication process, including design and coordinating publicity. http://razzmag.wordpress.com/
- Worked with a team to research, write, design, edit and photograph for a Lyon travel guide, which is published as an eBook. Required high levels of creativity, organisation and self-management, as well as the capability to use programmes such as InDesign and Photoshop effectively. - Elected as an Editor to manage the collation and proofreading of articles before our deadline. - Participated in French lessons, utilising my language skills in interviews for the publication. - Took part in journalism workshops with Euronews. eBook: http://www.citytravelreview.co.uk/guides/and-then-there-was-Lyon.pdf
- Gaining greater responsibilities over the years in a small travel agency. Required to book flights, deal with phone customers, organise travel manifests and databases, and take payments. - Assisted with editing online and print marketing material, updating offers to remain competitive, and personally increased the company’s social media presence. - Experience in customer service, CRM, sales, and marketing. Required high levels of attention to detail and teamwork skills.
On the Dean's list for the University of Exeter for my contribution to the life of the English department
Nominated for my role as Peer Advisor at the University of Exeter