My name Isabelle Taylor. I have recently graduated with a 2:1 from University for the Creative Arts: Rochester with a BA (Hons) degree in Fashion Textiles: Print. I am an emerging fashion, textiles and print designer who has a passion for designing Womenwear, Childrenswear, Swimwear, Accessories and Interiors. I am a quirky designer that loves working with a range of shapes and colours. My style of drawing is graphic like, I draw a lot in finliners and pens. I am very confident with a variety of software including: Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. I am also confident with a range of printing techniques including: digital dye sub, direct digital, screen printing and dyeing fabrics. I have a wide range of fashion skills which include designing, pattern cutting, toiling, sewing, making clothes and cushions. I live in Brighton and get that lucky experience of living near the seaside, where most of my inspiration in projects come from. I am happy to commute to London for work.
- Design into Industry - FloranthropistThis project was to design a florals beachwear collection for Vooprint. My inspiration came from Kew gardens, garden centres and parks where I took photos of flowers and plants, I drew from my research using finliner, painting and inks. Then I turned my drawings into digital prints, I made six prints for this collection. The beach wear collection included bikini, tankini, costume, sarong, beach cloak and beach dress. The Vooprint director like three of my prints and took them to his company, the
- Sweets explosionThis collection that I designed, printed and made is all about sweets, inspiration comes from Brighton beach, Pier and sweet shops. There are four prints under this collection, all amazing and colourful. This collection explores arrange of fashion clothing, accessories and interiors. SS20, Everyday wear, Womenswear collection.
- Its time to go to the beach and enjoy the rides!This collection that I designed, printed and made is a unique edgy evening wear collection exploring features of Brighton beach and Pier in a fun vibrant colour palette. This collection is based on my childhood memories of enjoying going to the beach; the atmosphere, fun and treats. It’s one of my favourite outings to go to. This fashion collection shapes focuses on the rides, beach architecture and sweets creating the wild fun bouncy ideas I have created. The prints for this collection all insp
Fashion Print InternAmanda Kelly Design Studio
- London, United KingdomInternship
At my internship with Amanda Kelly Design studio I undertook many different job duties which included photography, drawing, painting, designing, sewing, sorting out prints, coding, responding to clients and working with the design team. I enjoyed every minute of my internship, got along with the designers and head designers and gain some industry experience.
- London, United KingdomInternship
I undertook an Internship at Tata Naka in September helping them prepare for London fashion week. I also helped with various other tasks which included; delivering products to different destinations in London, sourcing fabrics, finding garments and logging them on the computer, I also did some hand and machine sewing. I had a great few days learning from these designers; Tata and Naka and learning more about the fashion industry.
- Print Design
- Fashion Design
- Textiles Design
- Hand Sewing
- Digital Print
- Adobe Photoshop
- Abobe Illustrator
Fashion Textiles: PrintUniversity for the Creative Arts (UCA), Rochester
- Rochester, United Kingdom
I studied Fashion Textiles print for three years at the University for the Creative Arts in Rochester. I gained so many new skills/techniques and some industry experience. I have come out achieving at 2:1 in my degree. And I would like become a fashion print designer in Womenswear, Swimwear, Childrenswear, Accessories and Interiors.
Bronze Duke of EdinburghDorothy Stringer High SchoolI completed my Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award. As part of the completion I did two walking expeditions, I volunteered with the brownies for a few months, learned the piano as my skill and did climbing as my physical skill.