Studio Stilton is founded by Iska Lupton & Gemma Stansfield : Creative Director & Production Director. In the last 18 months the studio has created award-winning experiences for Airbnb and Pantone, designed experiences for Peroni and Swoon Editions and most recently re-designed the roof of the Culpeper pub in Spitalfields. Starting with a focussed narrative and defined colour palate, the studio design, curate and produce highly visual experiences with all the senses in mind.
- Airbnb x Pantone | The Outside In HouseI designed and produced the Outside In House for Airbnb; the total transformation of a Clerkenwell house into a multi-sensory green living space manifesting Pantone's colour of the year : GREENERY From the front Pantone door, the entire house was transformed into a green living space. Guests entered through an immersive woodland with binaural soundscape of birds and distant water, scent of wet wood and forageable herbs. This led into the greenhouse where Airbnb expriences were held during the we
- The House of PeroniWe concepted, handled creative direction and production management of The House of Peroni: Celebrating Italain Citrus. We came up with a concept that would serve to literally infuse Italian energy into the Shoreditch 3-week pop up. Five street windows were designed to reference the activity inside. First an Italian deli window with white tiles and lemon yellow grout and Peroni-labelled hanging sausages. The second window was dressed with a giant display of hanging tagliatelle (latex). The third window replicated a traditional and abundant Fruttivendolo. The final windows referenced Italian cafe culture with white blinds and gold leaf BAR sign. Inside the experience was in 5 parts. A fruittivendolo with postcard rack of Italian pin-up postcards and cocktail recipe cards, trattoria serving cold Peroni and tagliatelle from a giant wheel of Grana Padano. The Bitter End was a secret bar out the back for cocktail masterclasses, playing loud Italian opera and with a bespoke citrus scent. In the bar, bloody orange disco balls threw circles across the room with wooden panelling and terrazzo tables inspired by Italian cafe culture. We also curated the collaborators - 4cose Italian deli from Hackney ran a concession with giant mortadella from Italy, Naples-based Italian record selectors Early Sounds Recordings played Italo Disco every night and illustrator George Greaves supplied Italian-themed illustrations for the walls of the bar.
- Piculpeper at The Culpeper | Roberts & TreguerPROJECT : Piculpeper CLIENT: Roberts & Treuger / The Culpeper Concept, Creative Direction and Set Dressing : Studio Stilton TIME: April to September 2018 Studio Stilton set the concept for The Culpeper pub rooftop this summer. The theme is PICKLES, for their power to provoke and preserve. The roof plays host to over 15 varieties of cucumber. Some will be served straight up on plates and in cocktails, others will have their energy preserved in brine for Winter. The striped decking design is drawn directly from the skin of the humble pickle itself. As the ultimate gesture to pickle power, an 8ft illuminated gherkin stands proud at the front of the rooftop. From a certain angle the gherkin eclipses Norman Fosters. The theme also plays homage to the infamous Nicholas Culpeper - herbalist, botanist and astronomer - after whom the pub is named.
- Swoon Editions | Pop up Showroom LondonPROJECT : Swoon Play House : A pop-up showroom CLIENT: Swoon Editions Creative Direction + Production : Studio Stilton A pop-up showroom in Covent Garden, communicating the idea of play and celebrating the homemaker who designs with eclecticism. Kingfisher-coloured scaffold shapes with wallhangings in varying materials and colours form the skeleton of the space with higher and lower levels to engender a sense of play. Low lighting and a bespoke cedar-wood and green tea scent served to add a touch of romanticism and curated props brought depth and character to the space.
- Swoon Editions | Pop up Showroom BirminghamPROJECT : Swoon Play House : A pop-up showroom CLIENT: Swoon Editions Creative Direction + Production : Studio Stilton A pop-up showroom in Birmingham's Grand Central Station, communicating the idea of play and celebrating the homemaker who is the master of eclecticism. Kingfisher-coloured scaffold shapes with wallhangings in varying materials and colours form the skeleton of the space with higher and lower levels to engender a sense of play. Low lighting and a bespoke cedar-wood and green tea scent served to add a touch of romanticism and curated props brought depth and character to the space.
- Airbnb x Natural History Museum | BasecampPROJECT : Airbnb Basecamp CLIENT: AIRBNB x Natural History Museum CREATIVE + PRODUCTION : Studio Stilton A pop-up campsite for 20 in the balcony of the Hintze Hall with loud cicadas, a flaming campfire, lantern-lit campbeds, designed to engender a sense of wonder and encourage a life of exploration.
+ View all