Jade Jackman is a creative polymath who has experience in a diverse range of roles within the production and digital spheres. Best known for her directorial work for brands, such as Gucci, and documentary filmmaking work that has led her around the world... She has also worked as a copywriter, consultant, speaker and researcher for various institutions such as the Victoria & Albert, Soho House, VICE, the Guardian and more. In 2018, she won best new director at the British Film Institute’s Future Film Festival and in November 2019 was nominated for Best New Director by the SHOTS which profiles the world's most creative advertising every day. She is currently represented by Black Dog Films & Ridley Scott Creative Group for music videos and commercial film shoots. Her work has been profiled in Dazed & Confused, i-D, Vogue, Nowness, Refinery29 and more. She has also been profiled as a woman shaping the future of the creative industries by the Dots.
- BRITISH VOGUE x PRIDE: QUEERING THE SKINFor the stars of Jade Ang Jackman’s short film, part of British Vogue’s special Pride 2020 video series, a tattoo is not simply a tattoo. For the model and trans activist Munroe Bergdorf, the words “protect trans kids” etched on her wrist are a reminder of a promise she made, both to herself and to the world. For tattoo artist Emily Malice, the open lock on her pubic bone served as a way to reclaim her sexuality. Fellow artist Nish Rowe’s facial tattoos were her way of owning her identity as a B
- What Afghanistan's Young Female Leaders Are Fighting For“Feminism means the commitment to holding my camera and walking in the streets of Kabul. Feminism means to actively challenge patriarchy through my confidence,” says Afghan filmmaker Sahar Fetrat boldly. “It means the courage to raise my hand and use my voice on those bitter moments when sexism and inequality shout.” Through all the slogans, commerce and digital noise that contemporary feminism has been twisted to embody in the West, it is powerful to hear such an active answer to the question,
- Trippin presents Scents & SmellsTravel By... Scents & Smell. A series of interviews and visuals for travel platform Trippin' on how to travel with our nose. Jade: "Smell, or our olfactory receptors, is one of our most powerful senses. It occupies the space between experience and imagination bringing about evocations without needing to move at all."
- Gucci presents "The Future Is Fluid"In October 2018, I was selected to direct a film to launch a new chapter of Gucci’s “Chime For Change”; a social initiative founded by Gucci, Salma Hayek and Beyonce. I flew to Milan to discuss with Gucci’s creative team the visual look and feel and ways to best connect with their younger audiences and make them feel part of the brand. Working with market research from Irregular Labs, I cast 12 young people around the world to be the project. The film was a creative documentary looking at around
+ View all
Projects credited in
- You Were Always Online - ZineOnline Zine designed on February 2019, based on Grace Small idea for raising awareness about online sexual harassment especially through social media. It navigates through sarcastic illustrations, essays and real social media messages that were intended used with a humorous way in order to share women's experiences of online abuse with the rest of the world. Published on i-D, read more: https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/evem5w/women-unwanted-dms-zine
+ Show more
- London, United KingdomFull Time
After successfully creating several videos for VICE in a freelance capacity, I was offered a role as a self-shooting researcher. In this role, I researched and developed stories that would suit VICE’s short-form video strand. We also were required to analyze data to help improve engagement with content. For example, look for keywords or trends that VICE’s online audience responded well to and incorporate this into copy. While there, I interviewed and shot well-known figures such as Nadya from Pussy Riot.
Freelance JournalistDazed Media
- London, United KingdomInternship
I contributed to Dazed Digital and work between text, video and photos. For Dazed, I have covered the refugee protest, the #dontbombSyria protest, an housing occupation and done a mixture of written arts / culture interviews. I still contribute to Dazed on a freelance basis.
- Social Media
- Public Speaking
- Creative Writing
Postcards Pitch WinnerJust So FilmsAbout: The Just So Film Fund in association with Sheffield Doc/Fest. The Just So Film Fund supports the next generation of filmmakers and champions creativity within short form documentary. In this narrow but crowded space, we know how hard it is for filmmakers to find & develop a creative voice. This is an opportunity to experiment, to push the boundaries, to think about the way films are told & present true life in bold and innovative ways. We will award 12 grants to filmmakers with untold stories and will also provide those films with a home on the Postcards platform. The brief is simple: short form documentary ideas (1-5 minutes aprx.) that concern themselves with form and not just content. My film "Calling Home" premiered on VICE / i-D in 2017 and was about the women that the British government doesn't want you to see...