I work with companies from start-up to blue-chip on crafting a digital presence that truly resonates. I write and speak about culture and the wider world for some of the world’s most influential publications and platforms. My editorial writing lends conviction to my client work. My client work lends expertise to my editorial writing. Companies Adidas // Aitor Throup // ASOS // Being Hunted // Blyszak // BMW Mini // Children 1st // Diesel // Dita // Floom // Foxall Studio // FvF // Gore-Tex // Hostem // Investis // Knomi // Leisure Center // LN-CC //Maison Margiela // Microsoft // Mixcloud // Mr Porter // Nike // Oyuna // Rolls-Royce // Semaine // Siemens // Symrise // The Builders Club Publications Der Tagesspiegel // Freunde von Freunden // i-D // Mr Porter Daily // Protein // Thump // Vice
- Adidas Originals: Space Is The Place Panel DiscussionWas a great honour to be asked to speak at the Adidas Originals x Mixcloud event, Space is the Place. I led a panel comprised of Harry Fisher (Buyer, Machine-A), Thomas Gorton (Editor-in-Chief, Dazed Digital) and Taina Vilela (Marketing Director, Debop) as we navigated the subject of ‘the importance of community in a URL world’. Tailored for an audience of senior creatives at Adidas Originals, in anticipation of the opening of their new flagship store in Shoreditch, it was a genuinely illuminati
- Rolls-Royce: Website RelaunchI spent a sizeable amount of time towards the end of 2016 working with Investis on the relaunch of Rolls-Royce.com – working alongside the Head Of Content and Creative Director to specifically craft the tone, messages and content that will appear in various sections across their site across 2017.
- i-D: Should The Fashion Industry Be Taking More Of A Stand Against TrumpA think piece that I wrote for i-D on a broadly similar subject to a Protein piece I also wrote – this though is a much more personal, op-ed type affair. My relationship with (the) fashion (industry) has always been a muddled one – trying to square the scope for self expression and subculture signifiers that I really connected with, with its less savoury elements. These things have been on my mind more and more given everything else going on in the world recently. (Shoutout to the i-D sub-editor
- ASOS PLC RelaunchI worked with Investis on a pretty big project for ASOS as part of a relaunch of their corporate-facing website. I was tasked with balancing the young, energetic ASOS ‘voice’ with an enormous amount of information that was primarily aimed at an older, more business-minded audience. Visit ASOSplc.com to see the full site in all its glory. The site has since won a couple of awards: Gold for 'Best Content Aimed At An Investor Audience' at the 2018 Corporate Content Awards; 'Best Use Of Digital Communications' at the IR Society Awards
+ View all
Senior CopywriterMAKE Beauty
London, United KingdomFreelance
It's a pleasure to work with the New York-based beauty and skincare company, MAKE Beauty - not least because 10% of all their revenues go to female-led cooperatives. I help them out with all sorts of written comms, from (re-)branding exercises such as new taglines to marketing campaign copy.
Feature WriterMR PORTER
London, United KingdomFreelance
MR PORTER were nice enough to give me a new monthly column to talk about various pieces of culture I'm interested in, tied together around a particular topical theme of my choosing. The first edition went live the week of the presidential inauguration, inspired by the departing Obama and his belief (like forebears Lincoln and MLK) in America as a 'great unfinished project.'
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Web Content
- Online Campaigns
- Creative Thinking
- Ideas Development
- Content and Media Writing
- Copy Writing and Editing
- Brand Creative Strategy
- Arts Journalism
- Event Hosting
- Video Scriptwriting
Bronze Award for 'Best Use of Digital'Corporate Content AwardsAwarded for the 'Robot Racing' campaign that Rolls-Royce ran in 2017 . I helped shaped the written content for the campaign and contributed copy that was used across various channels.
Gold Award for 'Best Content Aimed At An Investor Audience'Corporate Content AwardsThe asosplc.com site for which I worked on the narrative structure and written content won Gold in the ‘best content aimed at an investor audience’ category at the 2018 Corporate Content Awards.
+ Show more