I curate, project manage and produce copy for heritage and arts organisations. I’ve been doing it for ten years. I’ve worked with all sorts of collections from art and science to history and engineering. I believe in big ideas, said simply. From diesel locomotives to dolls house furniture, I can turn any story into a meaningful experience that connects you with your audience. From major shows to curious interventions and art commissions, I’ll take you from an idea to opening night and beyond.
- Scotland's Stained GlassScotland's Stained Glass celebrates one of Scotland's most unique artistic legacies. Using images from the collection of Historic Environment Scotland, the exhibition investigates how the nation's history has shaped and influenced stained glass artists such as Daniel Cottier, Douglas Strachan and Pinkie Maclure. The exhibition asks visitors to take a closer look at this often overlooked art form and search for clues within its windows to their own past.
- Courage, Comrades and CommunityCourage, Comrades and Community celebrates and commemorates the Durham Light Infantry throughout its long history. It focuses on the lives of the soldiers and civilians associated with the regiment, letting them speak for themselves through the use of personal objects and first-hand accounts. Beginning in 1758 as John Lambton’s 68th Regiment of Foot, the exhibition follows the DLI through some of the most important events in world history. From fighting the armies of Napoleon to helping defeat
- Service with StyleService with Style was an innovative audio sensation that took a theatrical approach to tell the story of the world's most famous train, the Flying Scotsman. In collaboration with digital story tellers A Taste of Space, binaural sound and QLab show control technology was used to create an immersive live action radio play that captured the speed, luxury and glamour of travelling on the famous train. Archive material was used to inform and inspire the experience while carriages from the National C
+ Show more
Curator, Copywriter and Project ManagerJamie Taylor & Co.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomFreelance
Exhibition Project ManagerNational Railway Museum
- York, United KingdomFull Time
My role included: • Defining exhibition concepts in line with strategic aims and objectives • Project managing exhibition teams • Developing and delivering interpretation plans • Delivering collections research • Defining key messages • Copywriting and editing • Setting up project frameworks including reporting structures • Managing project budgets and reporting on risk • Setting work packages and defining the project schedules • Managing relationships with stakeholders • Writing briefs for creative services • Managing design, build, AV and graphics contractors • Tendering for build and creative services • Managing the installation and de-installations of exhibitions (including snagging) • Complying with the Science Museum Group H&S Policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work and reporting any health and safety concerns. My achievements in this role include: • Delivering a STEM focused exhibition called Testing • Producing an award nominated film called Engineering the Now • Developing a positive working partnership with the modern rail industry
+ Show more
- Exhibition Curation
- Exhibition Interpretation
- Project Management
- Brand Messaging
- Workshop Delivery
- Idea Generation
- Exhibition Management
- Exhibition Planning