I'm a creative producer and skilled facilitator who specialises in supporting community-led work. I am currently a Producer in the Communities and Neighbourhoods team at the Barbican Centre. Previously I was Head of Programme at Poet in the City where I set the artistic direction for the organisation's London events programme and lead on their community engagement strategy. Before joining Poet in the City, I worked at Participation People, a specialist youth engagement organisation. During my time there, I developed and led the Royal Borough of Greenwich's Children in Care Council, Southwark Council's Young Researcher programme, and Newham Council's Young Mayor elections. I also delivered Youth Voice training to third sector and council professionals. I hold a masters in Arts and Cultural Management from King's College London where I explored the connections between art and activism, co-creation and change.
- Celebrating the Islamic World: British Museum LateIn celebration of the opening of the British Museum’s new Albukhary Foundation Gallery of the Islamic World, Poet in the City is joining forces with FMC (Female Muslim Creatives), using live poetry and discussion to animate and explore the experiences of female Muslims throughout history. Part of the Museum’s opening Late event, the evening will unfold in amongst the artefacts themselves, giving you the chance to discover Islamic objects dating from the 7th century to the present day. In the he
- Shifting Dimensions: National Poetry DayUCL, British Museum, Francis Crick Institute and Matter of Stuff join together with Poet in the City for National Poetry Day to create poetry portals into how their worlds have changed over the years. Talk to scientists about how our DNA changes over time at the Francis Crick Institute, learn about the uncomfortable truth behind UCL's buildings, and hear from poet and activist Bonnie Greer at the British Museum about instigating longlasting change in institiutions.
- Colonizin' in Reverse: Celebrating Caribbean CultureLeeds Libraries inaugural ‘Late’ event, bringing the library to life after hours through an evening of music, poetry and creativity celebrating the explosive impact of Caribbean culture on Leeds and the UK. From carnival to fashion, dub poetry to sound system culture, the influence and creative gifts of Caribbean people have become a treasured part of modern British society. Throughout history, Caribbean people have turned to culture as a form of resistance and protest, using creative expressio
- Poetry & Lyrics FestivalPoetry & Lyrics is a music festival with a difference. Curated by Poet in the City at Kings Place, the festival spans multiple genres and art forms, celebrating spoken word at the intersection of music and sound. Across the festival you can explore stories across the lyrical landscape through live performances, immersive encounters and workshops. Headliners and notable acts include Cerys Matthews, Don Paterson, PJ Harvey, Don Black, STEAM DOWN, John Hegley, Steve Lamacq, Murray Lachlan Young,
- Between the StoreysA poetry film series exploring regeneration in Smithfield, London with voices from the local community. Featuring films on club culture and the decline of Fabric nightclub, gentrification and community isolation, and Smithfield's infamous medieval history. The project is collaboration between Culture Mile and Poet in the City. https://www.culturemile.london/betweenthestoreys/betweenthestoreys
- Too Young For What? Celebrate the Creativity of Jean-Michel BasquiatA day long festival part of Barbican's exhibtion Basquiat: Boom For Real. I co-curated and event produced Too Young for What? with Barbican's Creative Learning Team. The day provided opportunities to develop young people’s creativity and showcased a range of new work with and by young people from across east London and beyond. The day explored what Basquiat and his practice means to young and emerging artists through a range of art forms including music, performance, street art and poetry.
+ Show more
- Curating Content
- Marketing Campaigns
- Stage Management
- Artist Development
- Artist Booking
- Project Management
- Community Engagement
- Youth Engagement
- Strategic Thinking
- Idea Generation
- Creative Ideas
- Cultural Projects