/Javier has performed his professional path within the design industry for more than twenty years. As a fashion designer, homewares designer, surface pattern illustrator and design manager his expertise covers the whole creative process. From Trend Research & Design Intelligence to Product Development & Communication, both for international leading companies and CSR organisations. /The common thread throughout this professional journey is the use of drawing as a means for making ideas and inspiration tangible, enabling new strategic tools for decision-making, as well as for generating more engagement and empathic brand communication. /His expertise in analysing complex systems & communicating these in simple formats, constructing visual metaphors and ethnographic insights along with a natural sense of excellence makes his work a great asset to your project.
- Mind Map: "The GOOD Download Podcast"Last week I discovered The GOOD Download Podcast, recently launched by GOOD Agency. The podcast content is rooted in the GOOD Agency ethos: supporting those driving change in better communicating their message in a clever and sharp fashion. In this episode the new era of influencers is highlighted through three different case studies. With the purpose of keeping the message consisteng, I kept all three cases neatly segregated but following a similar structure and illustration/text balance in all
- Mind Map: "Universal Basic Income: An Open Conversation"As a member of NOW!ForHumanity I was part of an open conversation on Universal Basic Income, a new financial aid model that has been tested for years and is now becoming more relevant than ever. Being a highly controversial topic, I focused on a clear structure stating pros and cons plus some of the key questions and comments. The key takeaways are at the bottom of the piece and in writing only, segregated in clear blocks for clarity.
- Mind Map: "Finding Happiness through Behavioural Science" by Paul DolanThis is a mind map piece based on Paul Dolan's take on how we can re-think and experiment happiness through behavioural science. You can find all his work here https://pauldolan.co.uk/ The piece is structured in nine stages, connected with a common thread following Paul's thinking process. I faced the challenge of breaking common conceptions and decided to use whimsical visual metaphors in order to communicate the content in an accurate and engaging manner.
- Sketchnoting #3As part of the Scriberia's #augustdrawingchallenge I made a series of quick sketchnotes. These address abstract concepts which challenged both my (quick!) drawing skills and deep understanding of abstract concepts. https://www.instagram.com/javier__navarro__arbe/ https://www.scriberia.com/
+ View all
Projects credited in
- June 2018 (applications closed)Applications for this event are now closed. Want to be at the top of your game in textiles or fashion? Then make sure you apply to our Portfolio Masterclass at New Designers! Kickstart your career, progress into a promotion or simply come along to gain invaluable tips and advice. There are around 30 spaces available at this event. This event is proudly supported by our friends at Shutterstock and MOO.19
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Mission /Senior Designer responsible for all textile /Colour Consultant creating a core colour palette effective for all product categories /Sesonal colour palette updates /Responsible for expanding the existing textile and homeware ranges /Generating seasonal pattern suits running across different categories. Co-ordination with relevant departments. /Contributor to the general season trends and specifically the textile categories /Managing design collaborations in and out of the textile categories /Re-launch of the Kids Collection Achievements /Product category growth and sales improvement /Building a consistent pattern and colour message accross the board /Creation of a strong identity relevant for communication and social media /Implementation of new design processes and tools /Team growth: recruiting and training a new design team member
Design ManagerDelbanco Meyer & Co
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Mission /Design Manager managing the London and Shanghai teams /Responsible for in-house and licensing bedding collections /Collections include bedding, top of bed and decorative cushions /Briefing studios and selecting artwork for especfic projects. Achievements /Co-ordinating a wide portfolio of UK leading reatilers and designers including John Lewis, Laura Ashley, Ted Baker, Margo Selby and Clarissa Hulse amongst others /Company portofolio expansion in collaboration with the Design Director /New talent acquisition and potential collaborations forecasting /Better answering briefs by improving communication with in house teams /Introduction of new design tools and documents for better collection planning /Seasonal showroom styling making sure the collection is on brand.
+ Show more
- Analysing Trends
- Colour Analysis
- Pattern Design
- Sample Management
- Strategic Design
- Data Visualisation
- Project Management
- Concept Illustration
- Trend Research
- Research Design