I’m a Journalist specialising in food and drink, travel and design writing. I am also the founder and editor of NRTH LASS magazine, which celebrates the achievements of women in the North of England. I hold a degree in International History & Politics from The University of Leeds and have worked in a number of media, publishing and communications roles with the likes of Thomson Reuters, The Hut Group and Sleeper Media. In 2017 I founded the print magazine and online community platform NRTH LASS with my friend and colleague Jessica Howell, which has been featured in publications including Positive News and Creative Boom and led to partnerships with BBC and Giffgaff. I am the former Editor at Supper magazine, a publication focusing on hotel F&B, which looks at the latest food-focused hotel openings, trends in the world of hospitality and insights from leading chefs, mixologists and designers.
- An insider's guide to eating and drinking in StockportI was commissioned to write a long-form listicle on the food and drink options in my hometown of Stockport, on the outskirts of Manchester. This was based on existing knowledge of its food and drink scene and research of new, up-and-coming venues and establishments.
- The World's Best Bars - Mandarin OrientalI was commissioned to write a digital guide to some of Mandarin Oriental's best bar concepts including The Aubrey, The Bamboo Bar and Origen. I worked with the PR for each hotel to source information about the concept and to source a signature cocktail from each venue.
- Print Feature: Casa di Langa hotel review, Supper 24In my role as Assistant Editor at Supper I regularly review new hotel openings with a strong F&B concept. In Issue 24, I spoke with the team behind Casa di Langa, Piedmont's new sustainable hotel raising the bar for contemporary design and unique culinary experiences in the famed wine region.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Tonic Workshop at Pot Kettle BlackWe kicked off the events series for Pot Kettle Black with a wild cocktail / tonic making workshop with local drinks queen, Emma Roberts of Into the Gathering Dusk. Guests, including a couple of fabulous foodie names, learnt the medicinal and cultural history of tonic water, flavours of the botanical ingredients and made their own unique blend to take away.
- Two Minds- Print Sale and Art ExhibitionExhibition and Print sale for Mental Health Awareness Week in partnership with Mind. Yolk is pleased as punch to have collaborated with five local illustrators to create a series of limited edition prints, inspired by Mental Health Awareness Week. Spearheaded by Yolk's graphic designer, Rachel Cook who has created the typography for all the prints, we are excited to be hosting an exhibition and art sale to launch the release of these limited edition art works. Inspired by the belief that 'Two
- Yolklore 2 Launch: Control with Ace & Tate, ManchcesterHUGE THANKS to all who made it down to our Issue Two launch in Manchester. Braving the rain to listen to tunes by Reform Radio, egg donuts by Siop Shop and cute fruit (really went all out on the egg theme) by Lauren Wall, but most importantly to gather around the power of story. ⠀ ⠀ To read and absorb stories of prison food and how nutrition aids rehabilitation, articles on breathwork and its free and powerful benefits and to discuss beauty standards and supporting independent creatives who wi
- Yolklore Magazine: Issue 3 LOVEComing to print September 2020, a magazine all about love - but not as we know it. Issue 3 explores this ever present glue for human nature. Across families, friends, pets, places and culture. What makes us love? Why do we love? How do we feel about ourselves? We travel to the coast of Yorkshire on a mother-daughter trip, examine dating terminology in the modern age and cook up recipes for first date’s with Elliott's, a neighbourhood restaurant in Edinburgh . Available to buy via yolklore.co.
- Yolklore Magazine Issue OneDesigned to show you ideas, thoughts and perspectives you don’t normally come across, by brands and people you’ve not yet heard of. Our mission is to help the cream rise to the top, championing brilliance not keywords - and eye-opening physical experiences wherever we go. We were not seeing enough rich muchness in the media we consumed. It is samey, echoey, dull, sensationalist, reductionist, rehearsed, routine and ultimately - a waste of opportunity, creativity and humanity. We strive for Y
+ Show more
Freelance Writer & EditorJenna Campbell
London, United KingdomFreelance
Following several years in-house at various editorial-focused companies, I decided to go full-time as a freelance writer and editor specialising in F&B, travel, design and lifestyle writing. I am open to commissions from content planning and copywriting to editorial projects and PR.
Assistant EditorSupper Magazine
Manchester, United KingdomFull Time
Supper is a bi-monthly, international industry publication covering global hotel F&B and is from the publishers of Sleeper - the leading international hospitality design magazine and organisers of AHEAD: The Awards for Hospitality Experience and Design. As Assistant Editor my role is to coordinate the curation and delivery of a bi-monthly print magazine with content spanning interviews with leading chefs and bartenders and hotel restaurant reviews, as well as features on the latest trends and insights from the hospitality industry. I am also responsible for commissioning freelance journalists, creating content using InDesign and taking the lead on the magazine's imagery and overall look and feel. Further to this, I also speak on behalf of Supper at a number of F&B and hotel-focused events including Sleep + Eat and To The Table and contribute to the magazine's online website with editorial support.
+ Show more
- Marketing Strategy
- Public Relations
- Content Creator
- Events Programming
- Editorial Content
- Media Relations
- Digital Production
- Article Writing
- Project Management
- Magazine Production
- Copywriting Editorial
- Communications Strategy
- Social Media
- Content Copywriting
- Public Speaking
- Digital Communications