Freelance writer/journalist specialising in all things music, entertainment, pop culture and video games based. Loves football... completely uselessly on the pitch.
• Writing and pitching interviews and articles for Complex UK’s Music and Culture section.
• Providing the first-class customer service and first-hand knowledge of the Le Coq Sportif products and brand history. ? • Promoting special in-store events and promotions. ? • Handling customer transactions and special customer requests. ? • Maintaining shop floor appearance and products to an acceptable standard. ? • Operating unique in-store flocking customisation apparel. • Representing the Le Coq Sportif brand/acting as an ambassador for in-store and external events. • Processing Deliveries and maintaining stock levels. ?
• Translating and re-editing web stories from Noisey’s US website for the UK website • Sub-editing copy before final submission • Assisting in the filming of Noisey’s video features • Transcribing Interviews for the Editor • Researching and sourcing ideas for features and projects • Producing online content • Picture Research / Image Sourcing • Compiling data spread sheets • Increasing web traffic via social media tools
• Writing daily news stories, reviews and conducting interviews for the magazine and the website (All music related articles) • Transcribing interviews for the Editor and Deputy Editor • Liaising with various PRs and record label representatives • Picture Research / Image Sourcing • Liaising and advising writers and making sure that their editorial pieces are in before deadline • Updating the Clash promo log and making sure that all the information is accurate • Increasing website traffic via social media
• Acted as a host by providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for the day and evening events at the Puma Yard and Social Club. ? • Offered insightful information about the activities and areas in at the Puma events. • Helped with the construction and setup of the Puma Quad store.
• Writing out press releases for artists represented by Outpost Media. ? • Liaise with music journalists and bloggers regarding artist coverage. ? • Researching new and upcoming artists to represent. ? • Researching events and festivals for Outpost Media artists to attend and perform.
• Writing, pitching and planning features and interviews. • Writing content for the website (mainly video games and entertainment related articles) • Increasing website traffic via social media • Transcribing interviews for the Deputy Editor • Researching new ways forward for the brand to become more relevant with current target audience • Liaising with various PR contacts in entertainment and product advertising. • Assisting on various photo shoots (i.e. Calling-in and setting up sample products for photos) • Picture Research / Image Sourcing • Gathering correct resources (i.e. information, details) and producing written content for the FHM calendar app for the iPhone and Android
• Providing first class customer service, and knowledge on different brands. ? • Store and stockroom maintenance. ? • Responsible for getting delivery booked in, put in stoke and putting new lines on shop display.? • Keeping up to date with the current climate and trends in sports and street wear. ? • Frequently provide cover shifts for our sister store Foot Patrol. • Occasionally wrote for features for the Size? bi-monthly newspaper.
• Writing up interviews, features and reviews for the monthly issue. • Producing daily content for RWDMag.com (mainly video games, music, street ear and entertainment related articles). • Liaising with various PR companies to call in sample products or stock shots. • Picture Research / Image Sourcing • Transferring data/old website content to newly designed website • Increasing website traffic and email subscribers via social media
This was an NTCJ accredited course teaching Local Reporting, Shorthand Transcription, Photography and Media Law. I initially joined the course under London Metropolitan University's Journalism Foundation Course and after obtaining my Foundation Degree I was given the option to do a one-year top course for my BA Hons, which took full advantage of. Optional modules included: Creative Writing, Popular Culture, Media Communications and entry-level Japanese. My end of year project culminated in a 10,000-word dissertation on The Effects of Computer Games on Young People and it’s Portrayal in the Media.