- Doing ZeroDoing Zero was an international collaboration between participants in Manchester and Nairobi, managed by Design Manchester and Nairobi Design Week with funding from the British Council. I supported on traditional project management tasks including venue liaison and management; participant outreach; photography; quarterly evaluation; and support on financial management. I also had the pleasure of speaking about the project at the annual Design Manchester symposium and through the project built re
- Sadler's Yard Summer Jam 2021A cornerstone event of the NOMA events calendar in Manchester, Sadler's Yard Summer Jam takes on a new theme each year. 2021 was focused on local produce and growing alongside creative workshops and family activities. Partners on the event included the National Trust; Easy Peel Studio; Lorcan Kan; Platt Fields Market Garden; Pot Kettle Black; Cinderwood Market Garden; and Our Kids Social.
- Lost Running Club"The most unusual running club you'll find." A lockdown 2020 project which saw the team combine the nation's favourite lockdown activity (running) with creative endeavours. Race packs inspired by recognisable runner's items were filled by local creatives and sold to eventually raise over £6,000 for local charities. Participants were able to take part in weekly warm up and cool down sessions to help enhance their running while providing a sense of community during a time of isolation. Design pl
- PlayfieldBecause who can design a space better than the people who'll be using it? The design, development and fabrication of a playscape created in collaboration with over 100 school aged children from Greater Manchester. Workshops were held weekly with a local school with three additional sessions open to the public, providing opportunity for wider community engagement. Creative sessions explored everything from landscaping to 3D planning and resulted in the final playscape at Mayfield.
- The Old Bank ResidencyA 12 month residency of the first Co-op Bank in Manchester, providing a village hall event space free-of-charge for charities and small businesses in the city. A responsive venue, the space went through many iterations including a communal weekly lunch spot; the city's smallest documentary cinema; and workshop space. The project garnered national attention and during lockdown pivoted to running online events and activities, to ensure a continuation of the community that had developed.
- The PilcrowDubbed "the pub made by Manchester", The Pilcrow saw over 600 volunteers and local creatives contribute to the design and fabrication of a pub interior in Manchester city centre. The project received international press coverage and was awarded a D&AD pencil in 2017 for Spatial & Experiential Design.
Manchester, United KingdomFull Time
Onoco is peace of mind in the palm of your hand, designed to help parents through the first five years of their child's life.
+ Show more
- Project Management
- Project Co-ordination
- Community Building
- Community Engagement
- Social Media Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Event Management
- Event Communications
- Event Marketing
The Pilcrow: Wood Pencil / Spatial & Experiential DesignD&AD"The Pilcrow - the pub that Manchester built. A contemporary public house with a difference, everything inside The Pilcrow was created by local volunteers and master craftspeople through a series of workshops. This isn't a fast or easy way of creating a place but instead it creates an invested community. A community who want to make a difference."