- The EmpressMy irises, my forest, my eternity... A scale reproduction of the Empress Shōken’s teahouse in the Meiji Jingu forest. The teahouse and gardens were designed by her husband, Emperor Meiji as a place only for her. Used as a film set for a short film entitled 'The Empress'; the model is made with a mixture of different wood, PVC and clay to maintain durability, and can be taken apart for filming different perspectives. In the midst of the Meiji Jingu eternal forest, the doors of a teahouse open onc
- Hotel"A hotel, restless, cannot be a home…I thought the hotel would be an escape from you but instead your absence fills it." - Joanna Walsh, Hotel Exploring the world of hotels by making sets inspired by old film photographs from my Dad's travels. I created a series of sets with the intention of making them as realistic as possible, utilising mainly practical effects, including electrical lighting and subtle ambient changes.
- The LaunderetteVisualising Sound... This animation is an ambitious collaboration of three weeks, utilising two completely separate set builds, props and lighting constructions. Each has been filmed and lit in order to illustrate sound in a narrative form. Delving into the constructs of dystopia, the two sets contrast visually and atmospherically to create an unnerving piece of film.
- SofijaA Whole World Rests on Autumn Waters... This piece illustrates a series of poems written and read by Sofija Zovko, a poet from Oxford. Her transfixing depictions of her time exploring the Ashmolean Museum create the base for these animations. The animations and poems are inspired primarily by a painting of the city of Aubusson, by Marcel Gromaire.
- VertiginousThe vertiginous feeling one gets standing at the precipice... Using dynamic lighting and extreme close up, this ambient film explores the texture and structure of burnt hard discs. The inorganic transformed into something organic, stuck in an eerie mid transition. Different landscapes are revealed in the colours and crevices.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Strike (2019) - Props and SetsI worked on sets and models for an exciting stop animation feature film, 'Strike', for Gigglefish Studio. Working in a wide variety of materials, I produced high-quality, detailed miniatures to bring life to each meticulous scene. The work I produced ranged from 5-inch tall potted plants, to a forest of pine trees made from layers of fur, to a full set of the Moscow Kremlin.
Prop Maker and Set BuilderGigglefish Studio
- Lancing, United KingdomInternship
Drawing up designs for models with precise specifications. Making scale models and sets for ‘Strike’, a feature-length stop-motion animation. Working with workshop machinery and extensive material processes.
Digital Print OperatorUniversity of Brighton
- Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
Processing documents, printing, and finishing. Formatting work for print including multi-section books, large format artwork and business cards. Working to tight deadlines, customer communication, and cash handling.
- Title Sequences
- Film/video Editing
- Editing Sound
- Adobe Premiere/photoshop/indesign
- Book Layout
- 3D Construction
- Set Building