HAM is the brainchild of artist and illustrator Joanna Ham who gained a BFA Fine Art with a specialism in anatomy from Oxford University's Ruskin School of Art. She formed her eponymous studio in 2011 and has since exhibited with Liberty, Mother, Billy Name, Topshop and Colette. In addition she has created bespoke artwork for The Body Shop, Mini, Moncler, Eurostar and Nike. Jo’s work seeks to celebrate the everyday. Informed by her studies and early career in design, she has always been fascinated by popular culture and uses Rabbit to shine a light on life’s simple pleasures - in particular how we interact with one another through work and play. The resulting social commentary creates HAM's happy world, where our daily rituals, likes and hobbies are immortalised in print for all to enjoy. In 2018, Jo was awarded Natwest's UK Creative Industries Entrepreneur of the Year and the Aviva Women of the Future Arts and Culture Prize. Aside from HAM, Jo is also a visual artist. Using photograms and digital imaging she blurs the lines between drawing and photography, fashion and fine art. Recent commissions include artwork for Nike, The Berkeley Hotel and Eurostar.
- HAM Plates LaunchThis week sees the launch of HAM’s first plate collection. Featuring the brands most loved designs, each Rabbit has been brought to life by a team of talented ceramic specialists in Stoke-on-Trent. All the plates are hand decorated and come gift boxed in bespoke packaging. See the full range at www.hammade.com
- HAM x Little Hotdog WatsonHAM collaborated with Little Hotdog Watson, a kids wear hat making specialist that create high-quality, responsibly-made kids wear designed to give parents peace of mind, and be worn with a bit of attitude. HAM reimagined their best-selling Arctic Cub winter hat to feature the Ski Jump Rabbit black and white monochrome print. Rabbit is playful, jumping and having so much fun. Each hat was also made with sustainability in mind, meaning that fabric wastage was kept to a minimum by each hat havin
- HAM x Simply DeliciousHAM worked with the award winning Simply Delicious Cake Company to create a bespoke wrap for their luxury chocolate fruit cake. This became the centrepiece of HAM’s first HAMper, a beautifully presented box full of HAM goodies, which was gifted to influencers and our customers to celebrate the Easter period.
- HAM x Help Refugees x Choose LoveOver the last few months Jo and a whole host of talented artists have been working to create a one-off piece for the CHOOSE LOVE 2019 exhibition at Somerset House. Curated by Print Club London the exhibition of over 30 original artworks is raising money to support the incredible work of Help Refugees. Each artist has made their mark on the iconic Katharine Hamnett ‘CHOOSE LOVE’ slogan, creating one off pieces which are available to buy via silent auction, with all proceeds going to the charity.
- Mini x HAMWe are very excited to share that we have been working with the wonderful folk at Mini. As part of our Natwest Entrepreneur of the Year win, we have been kindly gifted a Mini Countryman with bespoke Rabbit wrap for the next three months. During this time, we'll be taking the car on a road trip, introducing you to some of the amazing people that help bring Ham to life. We’ll be lifting the lid on the business, telling Rabbit’s story and sharing insights into the way we work. All this will culmi
- HAM x Institute of Contemporary Art BostonIn March 2019, HAM was invited to take over a wall at the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston. Jo and the team installed a large scale Superhero Rabbit vinyl in the main lobby and hung framed screen prints in series down the store walls. We worked with Farrow and Ball to create a vibrant backdrop for the artwork, all of which can be seen at the gallery until the Summer. Find out more at icaboston.org
+ View all
- Homeware Design
- Home Decor
- Window Display
- Graphic Design
- Mural Art
- Popular Culture
- Art Direction