Furniture Designer at Marks & Spencer. Responsible for new product development across all indoor and outdoor categories. Awarded the 2017 Innovation Award from the UK Furniture Maker's Guild. Highly competent in a wide array of design and development related processes and skills including: SolidWorks, Keyshot and the Adobe Creative Suite. Over three years experience across product and furniture design. Capable of delivering creative and commercial solutions to projects from initial conceptual sketching, CAD modelling, KeyShot and Photoshop visualisation through to technical drawing and briefing for manufacture. 2017 First Class Honours Graduate of Product Design from Nottingham Trent University. Originally from Oxford, I’ve always been involved in both art and design with the latter hugely influencing my outlook on life. A keen cyclist and motorsport enthusiast, if i’m not designing i’m often found sketching, making furniture and homewares in the workshop or planning my next cycling trip. For more examples of work please go to my website www.jnpdesigns.com
- Loft Living Modular FurnitureFurniture for Generation Rent. Combining versatility with industrial chic, this customisable range features adjustable cubes and connecting pieces that can be built to suit your space. Inspired by a desire to deliver custom-made cabinetry to the mass-market consumer. Loft Living allows you to configure your space and make it your own. Useful as a complete storage system, display cabinet, room divider, home study and more. Loft Living is perfect for generation rent, when adapting to new homes
- Halcyon x GantriFor work or play. Halcyon is a multipurpose light for the modern urban apartment. At first glance, it’s a contemporary task light with Danish design influences. Twist off both ends of the shade and switch their positions, you instantly have an ambient light perfect for a relaxing evening. Halcyon’s large base features gently upturned edges — a great place to store small items and loose desk accessories. Its functional versatility makes Halcyon a great fit for studios, lofts, and other smaller
- Highbury CabinetryA classic shaker-inspired cabinetry range for Argos. Offering great value to the customer, the Highbury range is constructed from oak & oak veneer and arrives fully-assembled for a hassle-free delivery. Designed as a more contemporary take on a classic cabinetry look, Highbury has helped propel the Sainsbury’s Argos cabinetry proposition into a more premium space. An off-white cream is paired with a neutral oak for a traditional look and feel, whilst the chrome cup handles and hinge pins add a
- Copenhagen CabinetryA modern cabinetry range featuring full-grain leather handles. Delivering a Scandinavian inspired look with a robust and lasting durability. The Copenhagen range was designed to elevate perceptions around flat-pack furniture with pieces designed to stand the test of time. Featuring an ‘easy-assembly’ system designed to reduce build times, Copenhagen gives Argos a true step-up for customers wishing to buy quality furniture without having to pay solid wood prices.
+ View all
Furniture DesignerMarks and Spencer
London, United KingdomFull Time
Responsible for all design developments across indoor and outdoor categories In collaboration with a senior product development colleague. Tasked with completely refreshing the offering and implementing new strategic ways of working with the wider furniture team to create more profitable ranges.
- Milton Keynes, United KingdomFull Time
Leading in-house furniture developments for the Lounge, Storage, Bathroom and Garden categories whilst also assisting the team in other areas. Working closely across buying, merchandising and sourcing teams to deliver commercially successful products. Tasks include trend research, concept ideation, product development and presenting outcomes to the wider business and offering insight and experience into the design and manufacture of furniture including product development trips in both the UK/EU and Asia.
+ Show more
- Concept Sketching
- Development Sketching
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Furniture Design
- Product Design
- Industrial Design
1st BA (Hons) Product DesignNottingham Trent University
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
Nottingham Trent University Product Design (BA) Graduate. Gaining a first class degree after a placement year with Webb deVlam, working as a junior designer. Awarded 'Best in Expo' and 'Design Student of the Year' for 2017.
Best in ExpoNottingham Trent UniversityAwarded by the Head of Product Design for work displayed during the 2017 graduate degree show Nottingham Trent Design Industries.
+ Show more