I'm a writer, photographer and director. I'm passionate about people, their stories and finding ways to tell them in ways that connect us and make us feel something. Having travelled a lot for my work, I understand the meaning of community and what it takes to make content that unites whether it corporate, commercial or personal. I currently freelance with over 10 years experience in TV, film, documentary and photography in development and production roles. London based and currently available for international and local commissions. Also a freelance director at SXWKS and Rxnin Co, as well as a creative mentor and poet. Clients include: Red Bull Music, Columbia Records, Pantene, Google, Expedia, BET, Canon and many more.
- My Hair Won't Be Silenced - Pantene Gold SeriesRecently, we (SXWKS) produced this UK-wide campaign film for Pantene Gold Series, directed by myself, aimed at tackling the discrimination faced by Black women concerning their hair. It is said that 93% of Black people in the UK have faced microaggressions related to their Afro hair. Pantene have partnered up with Black Minds Matter UK and Project Embrace to combat and reduce these microaggressions by 50% within the UK by 2025 with the Power of Hair Fund. This short film features 6 Black Britis
- Give This Heart A Pen - Canon Global x Sophia ThakurA short film to mark the release of Canon's new cine-camera, the EOS C70 and it's amazing abilities. Give This Heart A Pen is a story of London-based writer and poet Sophia Thakur and her process. It also features UK Parkour athlete Georgia Munroe. This film was the first production in the world to be shot on the C70, directed and shot by me, assisted by Charles Rare, Chantal Azari and facilitated/edited/graded and produced by the incredible Verri Media.
- Kandaka: Documentary for WePresent/WeTransferA documentary about the women leading change in the midst of the Sudanese revolution in Khartoum. Commissioned by WePresent/WeTransfer. Photography/Creative Direction: Philip Raheem Director/Cinematographer: Joalde Olusanya Producer: Abisola Oke Set Designer: Erin Ogarro MUA: Michelle Leandra Stylist: Yasmine Sabri Production company: Rxnin Co.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- My Hair Won't Be Silenced - Pantene Gold SeriesA new report by Pantene reveals at least 93% of Black people with Afro hair in the UK have experienced microaggressions related to their hair. Uninvited hair touching was reported as one of the most common types of microaggressions, experienced by nearly half (46%). 52% of Black people with Afro hair state that discrimination against their hair has negatively affected their self-esteem or mental health. Only 7% of people without Afro Hair were able to identify common microaggressions. The Gold
- I Am PilateFour8 Films present, I Am Pilate. A journalist is sent to the home of former district governor, but his routine obituary fact check reveals an extraordinary secret. Starring Shaun Scott (The Kingsman, The Bill), with his younger self played by Jamie Kristian, with Kayode Akinyemi and supporting performances from Jazz Lintott (The Intent), Letitia Hector (Venus vs. Mars, Famalam) and special appearance from Tomisin Adepeju.
- I Am Pilate | Short Film (2020)Super excited to present the next instalment of the I Am series. I Am Pilate is the second short film from Four8stories. Log line: A journalist sent to the home of former district governor, but his routine obituary fact check reveals an extraordinary secret. Out on 5th April on Four8Stories Youtube! FESTIVALS BOLTON INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL BIRMINGHAM FILM FESTIVAL DISAPPEAR HERE FILM FESTIVAL CORONADO ISLAND FILM FESTIVAL NORWICH FILM FESTIVAL BRITISH URBAN FILM FESTIVAL GREATER CLE
+ Show more
Director and PhotographerSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
I've been freelancing as a director and photographer for almost 3 years internationally for different brands, companies and people. My work is quite diverse but often involves acquiring and executing creative leads on a daily basis. I'm my freelance career, I've fortunuate enough to lead workshops in the areas I work in for both adults and young people. Clients include Vapiano, Sony Music/Colombia Music, Musicalize UK, VO5, TFL, BBC and many more.
Junior Promo Producer & Continuity Co-ordinatorLondon Live
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I was responsible for cutting and delivering promo for all on-air content streamed from London Live. My role also involved liaising with external talent and production facilities to make sure deliverables met company and Ofcom guidelines on time and at the required quality.
+ Show more
- Commercial Photography
- Music Videos
- TV Film Commercial
- Camera Operation
- Film Production
- Post Production
- Director of Photography
- Final Cut Pro
- Davinci Resolve
- Performance Poetry
- Writing Poetry
- Candid Portraiture
- Photography Portraiture
- Art and Creative Direction
- Creative Documentary
- Corporate Content
- Creative Consultancy