I am a director/dp, photographer and writer from East London. My purpose is to tell stories in ways that remind people of what it means to be human and felt. I tell stories that connect us and make us think of ways to retain authenticity whilst pushing the culture forward. Very interested in working with all levels of industry and those who aren't even in it. I'm primarily interested in making narrative films but I have vast experience working on a global scale from documentaries, promo/commercial content to music videos. I also work in education facilitating creative workshops for young people, encouraging them to explore and embrace their abilities as well as chase ambitions. As a writer and poet, I tell the stories of my life and others trying to create space for understanding and provoking needed change. Running workshops is a key part of my poetic journey. I've performed internationally (Nigeria, UK & Gambia) and worked with Viacom/BET, TFL, House of Commons, BBC and more. I was shortlisted in the Young Poet Laureate for London program in 2013 and presented to the Queen and in 2017 I was awarded both the Outspoken Prize for Poetry and Overall Poetry Prize. Clients include: Sony Music/Columbia Records, Canon, Kodak, Expedia, Vapiano, EL AL Airlines, Tamares Hotel Group, Reuters, VO5, Dream Nation and more. Features include: WeTransfer, VSCO, Sky Sports, BBC, London Live, Metro, The Guardian, BET, TFL, Saint Heron, BBC 1Xtra and more.
- Give This Heart A Pen - Canon Global x Sophia ThakurA short film to mark the release of Canon's new cine-camera, the EOS C70 and it's amazing abilities. Give This Heart A Pen is a story of London-based writer and poet Sophia Thakur and her process. It also features UK Parkour athlete Georgia Munroe. This film was the first production in the world to be shot on the C70, directed and shot by me, assisted by Charles Rare, Chantal Azari and facilitated/edited/graded and produced by the incredible Verri Media.
- Kandaka: Documentary for WePresent/WeTransferA documentary about the women leading change in the midst of the Sudanese revolution in Khartoum. Commissioned by WePresent/WeTransfer. Photography/Creative Direction: Philip Raheem Director/Cinematographer: Joalde Olusanya Producer: Abisola Oke Set Designer: Erin Ogarro MUA: Michelle Leandra Stylist: Yasmine Sabri Production company: Rxnin Co.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- I Am PilateFour8 Films present, I Am Pilate. A journalist is sent to the home of former district governor, but his routine obituary fact check reveals an extraordinary secret. Starring Shaun Scott (The Kingsman, The Bill), with his younger self played by Jamie Kristian, with Kayode Akinyemi and supporting performances from Jazz Lintott (The Intent), Letitia Hector (Venus vs. Mars, Famalam) and special appearance from Tomisin Adepeju.
- I Am Pilate | Short Film (2020)Super excited to present the next instalment of the I Am series. I Am Pilate is the second short film from Four8stories. Log line: A journalist sent to the home of former district governor, but his routine obituary fact check reveals an extraordinary secret. Out on 5th April on Four8Stories Youtube! FESTIVALS BOLTON INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL BIRMINGHAM FILM FESTIVAL DISAPPEAR HERE FILM FESTIVAL CORONADO ISLAND FILM FESTIVAL NORWICH FILM FESTIVAL BRITISH URBAN FILM FESTIVAL GREATER CLE
- Friday TonicPoets and performers Jolade Olusanya, Sarah Aluko and Keziah Who from the London-based art collective SXWKS set their imaginations free at a free show. The collective, named after the long summer holiday, bring an open attitude to their work that aims to abandon societal restrictions and embrace purpose and passion.
+ Show more
Director and PhotographerSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
I've been freelancing as a director and photographer for almost 3 years internationally for different brands, companies and people. My work is quite diverse but often involves acquiring and executing creative leads on a daily basis. I'm my freelance career, I've fortunuate enough to lead workshops in the areas I work in for both adults and young people. Clients include Vapiano, Sony Music/Colombia Music, Musicalize UK, VO5, TFL, BBC and many more.
Junior Promo Producer & Continuity Co-ordinatorLondon Live
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I was responsible for cutting and delivering promo for all on-air content streamed from London Live. My role also involved liaising with external talent and production facilities to make sure deliverables met company and Ofcom guidelines on time and at the required quality.
+ Show more
- Commercial Photography
- Music Videos
- TV Film Commercial
- Camera Operation
- Film Production
- Post Production
- Director of Photography
- Final Cut Pro
- Davinci Resolve
- Performance Poetry
- Writing Poetry
- Candid Portraiture
- Photography Portraiture
- Art and Creative Direction
- Creative Documentary
- Corporate Content
- Creative Consultancy