Artist Bio: Jordan Williams also known as AURA-KL (Oracle) is an award-winning film director, rapper, art director, and writer from London. Born and raised in the London Borough of Newham, Jordan began developing his visual artistry in 2012, in 2017 he was awarded as a BSC Emerging Cinematographer and listed as “100 Black Creatives Inspiring Change” by The Dots UK. Jordan launched his music career during the 2020 Covid-19 Lockdown by releasing two mixtapes; the self-titled AURA-KL and Truth 2 Power. Truth 2 Power was created in light of the Black Lives Matter protests that erupted at the death of George Floyd, AURA-KL discusses societal issues and personal challenges he’s needed to overcome as a Black British citizen. His debut album HEIR was released on December 4th, 2020.
+ Show more
- In My Borough- Pre-ProductionWelcome to the pre-production page for my writer/director debut TV Series, In My Borough. Here you can see the progress of the project. Please feel free to comment with feedback, we are still in development and looking for collaborators. *Press play on the SoundCloud link to start*
- AURA-KL, BAD FX: Devils LettuceDirection and Post Production: Jordan Williams Co-Staring: @badfx Music Production: @Thug5_bunny Cinematography @sherelle_francis (I Phone 12) Supporting act: #batman Debut album HEIR out now on SoundCloud. Hit the link in my bio. Listen to HEIR, a playlist by AURA-KL on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/CGsyQ
- AURA KL- HEIR (Rap Album)The debut album ‘HEIR’ is an introduction to the artistry of AURA-KL. Drawing from influences of Hip-Hop, Grime, and Electronic Music to score his story, AURA-KL walks us through the narrow corners of The London Borough of Newham and his Subconscious Mind. Soul Food (Prod. Thug5 Bunny) In My Borough (Prod. Kamaze, AURA-KL) Mr & Mrs. Hyde ft. Afanc (Prod. Afanc, AURA-KL) Welcome 2 Newham (Prod. AURA-KL) Kazama (Prod. Thug5 Bunny, AURA-KL) Not My Era(Prod. Thug5 Bunny) Peace of Mind (Prod. AURA-K
- AURA KL- Seven (Music Video)'Seven' is AURA-KL rapping over hard-hitting Hip-Hop production, about being triumphant in overcoming adversity. The concept of the video was to depict being trapped in a psychological Hell inspired by Hip Hop Culture. This is the first single off my debut album 'HEIR', released on SoundCloud. Directed and Edited by @the_aura_kl Cinematography by @paulina.masternak Colour Grade by @sarabuxtoncolourist Music Production by @thug5_bunny Lighting Support from @rosco_labs @cristianarroyomora Prod
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Championing Diversity: this Black History Month, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeWe asked 11 of our creative heroes to each nominate 10 leading black change makers and creators who are shaping the current climate with raw talent, big ideas and crazy hard work. There is still a huge disparity of BAME individuals in the creative industry. Currently only 13% of the creative industry workforce identify as coming from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. In addition, only 8% of senior positions have BAME representation. Spotlighting this subject is as important as ever. True d134
Freelance CreativeMr Williams Media
London, United KingdomFreelance
I currently work as a freelance graphic designer, photographer and videographer.
Videography TutorCapital Xtra
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Capital Xtra teamed up with Rolladome to deliver Music Potential, a programme for young people to learn the skills needed to kickstart a career in the music industry. On this project I was a Videography Tutor to a class of 12, I did workshops on creating treatments, artist and repertoire, pre production, production and post-production.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Final Cut Pro
- Writing Music