Head of Growth at Pocc, the creative network driving cultural change. I am a keen strategic thinker, collaborator and academic at heart. My mission in life is to continue growing social, cultural and financial equity within the creative industry for marginalised groups, disrupting the industry with impactful creative solutions that level the playing field. Having worked in advertising account management for 5 years delivering integrated campaigns for Nike, The FA, British Airways, World Afro Day, Kronenbourg and the UN and having co-founded and led the expansion of Roots across WPP in my first three years in the industry, I've since made the move to support the founders of Pocc in building a sustainable creative organisation dedicated to serving our Pocc community's needs. Pocc exists to accelerate equity for Black, Brown and ethnically marginalised creative professionals for now and for future generations. We do this through creativity, activism and non-traditional means. Our core Pocc offerings have been built around addressing our community's own frustrations with the creative industry: *Pocc Studio & Pocc Productions* - to reclaim and own our own narratives through storytelling and production. *Pocc Talks* - to address the imbalance of speaker representation on stage across the industry. *Pocc Creative and Cultural Consultancy* - to collaborate with organisations to address their greatest business, cultural and creative challenges. *Pocc Jobs* - to provide more job opportunities for our community. If you have a unique creative or cultural problem you'd like to discuss with Pocc, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Available for speaking opportunities, having spoken at D&AD New Blood, Market.Ed Live and other industry events. Listed as 1 of 100 Creative ChangeMakers and young leader by The Dots UK. Keen korfer in my free time and lover of dancehall.
- Pocc Talks | LaunchPocc Talks is a fresh, fearless platform we've launched with Pocc for phenomenal changemakers and thought leaders to be heard by those who are ready to listen. From workshops and Q&As, to masterclasses, panels and more, we’re on a mission to deliver talks that inspire and challenge us to think about the world differently. We are pioneers. We are provocateurs. We are precisely what the industry needs. First, we needed to create some distinctive brand assets for the Pocc Talks franchise. With th
- Pocc x The Guardian Lockdown LowdownThis summer, we worked with 10 x Pocc contributors to amplify their voices and perspectives on living, working and surviving lockdown in collaboration with The Guardian. With many of our Pocc members either furloughed or laid off as freelancers within the creative industry, it was important to help amplify the voices of our members during this difficult period, as well as provide advice, tips and support to the community and beyond. We worked with each writer to respond to a series of question
- Nike x Liverpool - Tell Us Never 2020Liverpool is unlike anywhere else in the world – a city and a club, with a healthy disregard for convention and expectation, that does things their own way and does what the world believes can’t be done. To launch the new partnership between Nike and Liverpool, we bottled this unique spirit, to show the world what it means to be Scouse. TELL US NEVER (and it’s already done).
- Made By Anthony Joshua - BATo celebrate BA's landmark birthday and Centenary year, British Airways have curated The BA 100 - a list identifying 100 makers of Modern Britain. They are the people who represent the values we want to celebrate and make Britain the creative, open-minded, pioneering and welcoming place it is today. As part of this campaign, in May we launched Anthony Joshua's Love Letter to Britain, who wrote a poem on how he has been inspired by Britain’s fight and mental strength. The campaign launched acr
- The Sticky Labels Podcast - It's All Getting a Bit UrbanSticky Labels is a podcast created by Ogilvy Roots to encourage discussions surrounding diversity in the workplace and beyond. We'll be tackling controversial topics with the help of advertising aficionados from within Ogilvy and guest speakers from the wider industry. In episode one, our host and Global Client Director Pumie Msengana interviews Ogilvy's Head of Strategy, Gen Kobayashi; Co-Founder of Roots, Jordie Wildin and Founder of POCC, Nana Bempa. We explore their personal experience of
+ View all
Projects credited in
- World Afro Day Campaign 2018Ogilvy, Wavemaker and World Afro Day have pioneered a new awareness campaign ‘Change the Facts, Not the Fro’ which launches for World Afro Day 2018, an annual event launched by Michelle De Leon which aims to help change the narrative around natural Afro hair. This year's event focuses on tackling how society perceives women’s Afro hair and highlighting the importance of celebrating it in its natural glory. The campaign aims to challenge the status quo so this generation and the ones to come f
- Ogilvy Roots & WPP Roots: Co-founder & Social SecIn March 2017 we Co-Founded Ogilvy Roots, a network dedicated to championing greater ethnic and cultural diversity within the creative industry. Working with a brilliant team of account handlers, creatives, planners and project managers to break down barriers to greater inclusivity and representation of people of colour within our industry, our agency and the work. Since it's launch I've played a key role in organising social events, branding, developing our pillars and it's expansion into WPP
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFull Time
Working with a brilliant team of account handlers, creatives, planners, producers and project managers to improve representation of people of colour within our industry, our agency and our work. Since its inception in 2017, Roots has gone on to expand across a number of WPP networks, including Ogilvy Toronto, Mindshare and Wavemaker, championing greater ethnic and cultural inclusivity across the industry. Proud to have worked with the Roots team, Ogilvy UK and Singapore to deliver our first project for World Afro Day 2018 #changethefactsnotthefro.
+ Show more
- Social Awareness
- Culture Change
- Account Management