Always on the lookout for copywriting and editorial opportunities. My background is in creating bespoke marketing content and copy for brands and companies in the fashion, retail, and arts industries. I’m also an experienced editor, researcher and journalist. Currently as literary editor for fashion and culture magazine Wild Palm I am searching for female authors who write erotic short fiction and experienced features writers with a passion for investigating the strange and hidden stories that illuminate contemporary society. When I’m not working I like to spend it writing prose. Please email me if you want to talk copy, fiction and editorial ideas - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving voice to bodcobodco is an everyday relaxwear clothing brand based in Tokyo. They create handcrafted pieces from soft premium cottons with a focus on comfort and simplicity. The aim of the project was to generate a social media presence and give a voice to the brand, primarily for its expansion into European markets. My role was to create marketing content and copy for all social media platforms.
- St James's CorrespondentSt James's Correspondent, a quarterly newspaper with a circulation of 30,000, gives voice to one of London's most historic and picturesque neighbourhoods. My role as copywriter was to report on the culture of the area from the gentlemen’s clubs and the Royal Warrant businesses to the cutting edge restaurants and fashion outlets. I wrote features, restaurant reviews, historical pieces, gallery reviews, reportage and events pages. St James’s Correspondent was part of a multi-platform content stra
- Contemporary TextilesTextiles have been making waves on the fine art scene in greater and greater measure over the last fifty years. This beautifully illustrated book produced by Blackdog Publishing charts the history of textiles from craft art to one of the most exciting mediums in the fine art world today. I was involved in researching and writing in-depth profiles of the artists included in the book.
- A Love Affair with FoodSt James’s is the birthplace of such delights as the scotch egg, the sandwich and the city’s first coffee houses. A Love Affair with Food produced by dn&co documents the area’s rich gastronomic heritage covering local food history, interviews with current restaurateurs, and a range of fascinating archival recipes. I was the chief copywriter and researcher for this project.
- War and MedicineThe book War and Medicine accompanied an exhibition at the Welcome Trust which sought to understand the complex relationship between medical advances and armed conflict. I was the chief academic researcher for this book and sourced firsthand accounts and personal stories from numerous sources across London’s libraries and archives.
- Social Media Content: St James'sThe aim of the multi-platform content strategy by the Crown Estate was to report on the historic area of St James’s and position it as a contemporary hub of fashion, food and art. My role as journalist and copywriter was to create extensive weekly digital content for stjameslondon.co.uk. This involved reporting on local events, writing new restaurant profiles and shop openings, more generally giving one of central London’s most prestigious neighbourhoods a digital presence.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- An historic neighbourhood finds its voiceSt James's is a picturesque slice of Central London known for its centuries-old bespoke shirting shops, the gentlemen's clubs along Pall Mall and its high concentration of Royal Warrant businesses. But this perception doesn't tell the whole story, and it was time for St James's to get a voice of its own. Client: The Crown Estate
- 300 years, one exhibition300 years ago, St James's Market was a bustling marketplace. But up until 6 months ago, it was mostly a taxi rat-run. We created an open-air exhibition for what is now a newly revitalised public square. The brief was simple: fit 300 years of history under one roof. In the depths of a research rabbit hole, we discovered an 18th century ballad set in St James's Market and went on to retell the tale across more than 100 vignettes illustrated by James Graham and narrated by Stephen Fry.
- Academic Research
- Brand Storytelling
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- Ad Copywriting