- Founder and editor of My Soho Times. - Travel journalist www.travelmakerkai.com I'm Kai Lutterodt founder of a platform called Diversity Matters; a platform which works collaboratively with organisations to champion race equality and inclusion in the work and education place. I'm an alumna of London College of Communication (LCC) specialising in Journalism, where I developed my skills for sharing stories using videography as a means of documenting issues regarding race and representation as well as advocating for POC (people of colour) most marginalised. Diversity Matters was formed out of a need to challenge the lack of BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) representation in the Arts and Media. As well as facilitating workshops and panel discussions addressing such issues, Diversity Matters also opens up discussions around lack of diversity in the work and education environments. I've recently ventured into the exciting world of writing children's books! 'Travelmaking Kai' fuses my passion for travel and diversity, and is an ode to all the little black girls (and big ones too!) who don't see themselves represented! Here travels around the world help children learn to embrace 'difference' - that's what makes us unique! Find out more and to support visit www.travelmakingkai.com Thanks!
- Divercity Arts ProjectDivercity Arts Project offers arts students/emerging artists from diverse backgounds groups an opportunity to be mentored by industry creatives, create items for sale and earn money and enterprise skills at the same time! The first project took place in June 2016 and was fully funded by UAL for 16 students. We're looking for a pop-up shop to host the next Divercity Arts Project this summer! To support, sponsor or collaborate please get in touch. Thanks!
- My Soho Times MagazineHaving lived in this dynamic part of London for close to 16yrs, I wanted to create something that can share the voices of Soho's residents, businesses and those who visit - for fun or otherwise! My Soho Times started as a blog in 2012 (though re-branded in 2015) and in summer 2019 I dreamed up the idea to turn it into a hyper local magazine... Because Soho deserves it's own lifestyle mag!
- Travelmaking Kai - a little girl with a BIG dream to travel the WOLRD!Travelmaking Kai is a children’s book and animation series about a curious little girl learning about various cultures around the world through the people she meets (and subsequently travels vicariously through them)! Loosely based on the experiences and places visited by the author Kai Lutterodt; a travel blogger and diversity workshop facilitator, Travelmaking Kai is an ode to all the little girls and boys (and big ones too!) who don’t see themselves represented. I'm in the early stages of dev
- Exploring my AfroBrazilian roots in BrazilI'm currently on a journey of self-care and healing by learning more about my roots in Brazil. 2019 is being dubbed 'The Year of Return' - a call for those in the African diaspora to return to Africa for a visit or to live. This incentive comes in recognition that it's 400 years since the first TransAtlantic slave ships left the shores of West Africa for the Americas... I'm on my own 'returnee' journey, except not to Africa, but rather Brazil to discover the land of my ancestors who left Brazil
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This Black History Month 2020, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a long way to go when it comes to conquering the lack of diversity in all industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. True diversity at every level is the key to innovation and success, so we celebrate and promote Black talent throughout the year, including via our list of brilliant Black leaders. This is definitely not an exhaustive list, so we’re always looking to unearth more incredible rising stars to feature and promote, to h149
- No more excuses for all male panels: here's 50 of the best women speakersIn light of CES' 'challenge', finding enough women to fill its 2019 line-up, The Dots is shining a light on 50 women the tech conference – and any conference – would be lucky to host on its panels. In 2017, the network's founder Pip Jamieson spoke at more than 50 panels, talks and events. She found that while speaker line-ups were becoming more gender diverse in general, all too often she was in the minority or sometimes even the ‘token woman’. In 2018, The Dots is on a mission to ensure there i75
Editor-in-chiefMy Soho Times
London, United KingdomFreelance
I'm founder and editor of My Soho Times, a hyper local magazine giving insight to local businesses and residents, workers and visitors of the area. It's a free quarterly print and online magazine distributed to Soho resident and those on our subscription service. I cover the general art direction, design, marketing, and sales. www.mysohotimes.co.uk
Senior Creative DirectorDiversity Matters
London, United KingdomFreelance
Founder and creative director of platform Diversity Matters. I curate and facilitate events, workshops and projects themed around diversity and representation to promote equality.
+ Show more
- Creative Events
- Creative Workshops
- Dslr Videography
- Freelance Journalism
- Freelance Videographer
- Freelance Writing
- Event Organising