Do you really want to delete project Upper Street London Content?
Do you really want to delete project Marketing Fundamentals Content?
Do you really want to delete project University of St Andrews Design Team Content?
Do you really want to delete project Student Association Elections Campaign Manager Content?
High-achieving undergraduate at the University of St Andrews, studying for an MA in History (expected strong 2:1). Passionate about pursuing a career in digital marketing. Experienced in graphic design, copywriting, blog writing, social media content creation and distribution, e-mail marketing, web design, photography and public speaking. View my digital portfolio here: http://karlamcdougall.wix.com/digitalportfolio
• Responsible for daily content creation, including written blog posts, visual graphics, and presentations • Managed social media accounts of several high-profile clients and shared fresh content with their audience to drive lead generation efforts • Performed regular competitor analysis, followed by presentations to the CEO on business development initiatives which were listened to and enacted in most cases • Independently executed a SlideShare strategy from scratch in my penultimate week, which resulted in one of my presentations receiving over 2000 views in three days and its inclusion on SlideShare’s homepage reel
• Invited by CEO of a leading research SME in the Oil & Gas industry to assist with the hiring process of a new Marketing Manager based on my proven track record in B2B content marketing • Provided feedback on applicants' CVs and cover letters and suggested candidates for interview • Participated in final interview by enquiring about the candidates' experience in digital marketing and content creation to determine their suitability for the role
• Worked closely with the Marketing Executive to generate fresh and engaging content for social media, e-mail marketing, website and company blog • Advertised products using multi-channel digital marketing campaigns heavily featuring my own original product photography, blog articles and supporting visual content created in Adobe Photoshop • Led “Colour it Your Way” product campaign in penultimate week resulting in 8 direct purchases from customers of advertised product (priced £200+), or swatches of advertised materials
• Undertook a successful communications and marketing project for the 5th largest independent distributor of financial products and services in Canada • Worked closely with Manager of regional office to extend communications “welcome” package to new and prospective clients by writing original copy that highlighted the company’s USPs • Updated copy on all existing business communications letters to ensure consistency of style and tone
• Independently wrote all copy for the online launch of a luxury fashion start-up based in Hong Kong • Researched products and services of competitors throughout writing process to ensure copy was persuasive and tailored to the target audience
Master of Arts (Honours), Modern History 2012 – Present University of St Andrews, UK Expected high 2:1 Degree Dissertation: Media Portrayal of the New York Radical Women Feminist Protest of 1967 (First Class Honours)