I am extremely interested in helping my community and other people, I did my dissertation within my BA Events Management degree on ‘The Social Impact of Live Art Events’ which gave me the ability to closely examine the different impacts hosting an event can have such as an improvement to the quality of life of attendees or creating an improved sense of community as result of the event. I am also aware of different ways event managers measure the impact these events can have to the host community which can be invaluable in regards to different stakeholders such as in Arts Council Funding applications.
- I have worked with a number of different festival productions that I am proud of for example for Light Night Leeds I assisted with the project management of multiple different art instillations and events from conception to delivery. I particularly enjoy working on productions in outdoor spaces for example a piece I helped produce was called Brothers and Sisters by Ron Haselden which was an outdoor art piece created from drawings of children in Leeds of their brothers’ sisters and friends which
Production AssistantLeeds Internatinoal Film Festival
- Leeds, United KingdomInternship
• Leeds Young Film Festival is the UK’s largest family film event where the whole family can watch, learn and play. Over 15,000 children and their families will be entertained over Easter from 8 – 22 April 2019 to explore the world of film, animation and virtual reality through screenings, live shows, workshops and drop in events across the City, with boredom-busting activities for all budgets with £3 film tickets, budget family passes and even some that are FREE. • I was asked to work as a Production Assistant on the 2020 festival. This included supporting the production manager any way I can. Including creating spreadsheets, volunteer co ordination, creating workshops, procurement, helping with logistics and assisting with the festival directors vision for the event.
Production InternLeeds Light Night
- Leeds, United KingdomPart Time
• Light Night Leeds is the UK's largest annual arts and light festival. This spectacular two night event takes over Leeds city centre, transforming it into a dreamland with more than 70 dazzling installations and performances from local, national and international artists. • Assisted with the design, implementation and event management of the Light Night 2019 Street Parade and international artistic program. • Helped with the coordination of artists through assisting the Creative Producers and other senior management to manage expectations, promote and host the festival. • Promote the festival and street entertainment program by creating content for press releases, websites and social media • Adhered to Leeds City Councils Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policy • Assisted the Creative Producers in curating a series of workshops in the run up to Light Night that focused on engaging the community and provided artistic opportunities for various members of the public. • Assisted my managers in programming diverse artists focusing on both international professional acts and local community groups.