I am a young writer with career goals of writing for alternative fashion magazines. I am a trained fashion journalist looking for full time, freelance or internship style work related to fashion and/or writing. I am available to work in admin, copywriting, editing, styling, showdressing, assisting etc. My diet practically consists of bylines and catwalk reviews.
• Working to personal targets, sales percentages and KPI’s in a competitive environment • Customer facing role within a luxury retail boutique • Building and maintaining customer relationships to ensure repeat sales • Fitting, pitching and selling of lingerie, and related accessories • Visual Merchandising including designing the layout of products and their place within the store under the Honey Birdette guidelines • Working with FUTURA sales systems • Responsible for accepting and organizing IBT’s, POS reports, stock control, daily analysis, end of day reports, • Counting, handling and banking cash • Maintaining store standards by cleaning, tidying, organising and checking swing and security tags • Opening and closing store
• Provide a high level of customer service to all customers at all times. • Deal with all questions, queries and complaints in a professional manner, both in person and by telephone. • Prepare and complete all paperwork in relation to matters such as rotas, salary, food wastage schedules etc. • Responsible for all deliveries and collections. • Deal with cash, opening and closing the store on a daily basis. • Train new staff members • Prepare, cook and serve food and beverages.
• Researching possible interview candidates for web series: In The Closet • Researching chosen interviewee and preparing interview questions. • Consistently pitching ideas for print publication and magazine marketing. • Developing existing ideas for the web series by using own relevant contacts to expand the web series. • Copywriting written interviews for the editor. • Assisted shoot styling for web series and a separate online video tutorial.
• Organising the magazine’s back catalogue of finalised research and example prints into magazine dummies to enable correct filing. • Responsible for organisation of daily newspapers in addition to highlighting potential pegs for feature journalists. • Constantly bringing stories of note to the attention of journalists as possible pegs. • Researching information and facts for future stories, for example researching the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the occasion of their forthcoming wedding anniversary. • Holding conversations with representatives, such the Royal Communications office, to discuss and confirm facts to be used in features. • Analysing advertising data of competitor publications. • Using Microsoft Office products to create spreadsheets detailing types of advertising used for different brands in both the company’s magazine and their competitors, in order to enable access to this data by all members of staff in an easily accessible way.
• Responsible for researching places around the world, travel tips and travel based stories for this airline magazine. • Interviewing relevant professionals together with members of the public to use as information and quotes within written articles. • Writing reviews and overviews of various locations as decided by the editor. • Copywriting articles of other journalists. • Providing pegs for team member stories.
• Liaised with PR clients. • Prepared pieces for runway and stations for show dressing. • Organised the pre-show run through with the events manager, head stylist and models. • Solely responsible for dressing four models for two shows. • Prepared gift packages for clients. • Packed up set and arranged clothing to be returned to Ted HQ.
• Liaised with clients. • Reviewed chosen looks with the show dressers and senior stylist to confirm pieces and make alterations and additions to the overall collection as necessary. • Prepared pieces for runway and stations for show dressing. • Organised the pre-show run through with the events manager and models. • Discussed and communicated issues and changes with the senior stylist and seamstress. • Solely responsible for dressing two models for two shows. • Packed up set and arranged for clothing to be returned to Marks and Spencer HQ.
• Sourced and researched various topics within fashion. • Sourced relevant and trending independent feminist stylists. • Interviewed stylist and model Celia Edell on her stance on feminism within the fashion industry. • Transcribed interviews and selected content relevant to the magazine’s audience. • Wrote and had interviews published as online feature articles.
• Responsible for researching and analysing statistics on local drug and alcohol abuse among teenagers. • Conducted two focus groups, one of teenagers and one of parents, to acquire qualitative data and quotes to use in a feature article. • Wrote a feature think piece on the abuse of drugs and alcohol by teenagers in the local area, which was published in the newspaper.
• Hosted weekly radio show ‘Media Hour’. • Researched and analysed relevant data, trends and news stories. • Used air time to push the use of Twitter and other social media activity promoting the show. • Created themed playlists and organised set list times. • Sourced local bands to play live on air. • Wrote basic scripts for myself and fellow co-hosts in preparation for the show. • Compared previous show statistics and audience feedback on content.
Credits towards BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism
- A level English Language - A level Media Studies - A level Sociology - AS level Philosophy
- GCSE RE, English, Science, Additional Science, Business Studies - Young Apprenticeship Performing Arts