Hey, I'm Kim Darragon and I’m a marketing and events consultant. I specialise in helping all sorts of small businesses, startups and ambitious entrepreneurs – particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds and immigrant founders in the UK and US – grow their profiles and see results. Over the past 15 years, I’ve led the marketing activities, organised successful events and boosted the profiles of businesses in diverse industries, from international magazines to tech startups and creative brands. Since I started my consultancy Kim Does Marketing in 2019, I’ve supported more than 100 businesses across the UK, US, Australia and Europe. I regularly speak at events, run workshops and participate in panel discussions on topics including marketing, freelance careers, female entrepreneurship and more. Recent appearances include: General Assembly London & New York, Courier Magazine, Soho House, Depop, Top Drawer, The Design Museum, Somerset House and Squarespace. I’m also an associate lecturer at the University of Arts London and London College of Fashion, a Mailchimp Partner, an Adobe Express Ambassador, a TERN advisor (The Entrepreneurial Refugee Network) and I've been listed in The Dots' Top 100 rising stars inspiring change in 2022. If you'd like to collaborate, check out my website www.kimdoesmarketing.com and drop me a line at email@example.com.
- Courier Live MarketFor the first time ever, Courier leaps off the page and into real life with 'Courier Live', a day of learning, meeting, tasting, discussing, trying & making with 100+ of the most exciting people and brands from the world of modern business. Helped secure exhibitors for the Courier Live Market, which showcased dozens of exciting new brands.
- Event Management: The Monocle Quality of Life Conference 2015April 2015 saw the launch of the first Monocle conference, which unpacked the enduring theme that has preoccupied the magazine since launch: quality of life. Over three days we brought together 25 expert speakers to discuss the lay of the land in industries from the media to urban planning and the future of everything from our home to our high street – and how to improve them.
Projects credited in
- International Women’s Day 2022, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a way to go when it comes to improving gender diversity and equality in the creative, tech and digital industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. We’re thrilled to be releasing our annual list celebrating and shining a spotlight on 100+ rising stars – as nominated by The Dots community – who are transforming the industry of today and inspiring the generation of tomorrow. The list beams with brilliant, talented people and their d107
- Burnt Breakfast - IWD Warm-UpSunday 7 March 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 GMT Aiming to bring some vibes to this years IWD, we’ve curated a squad of amazing women working to support a good cause! Working across the creative, STEM and wellness industries, they have been tasked with telling you all about something that utterly inspires them in just 5-minutes. Think of it as a feministshow and tell’ with poetry, jokes, personal stories, music. prizes and more Your ticket will go to our selected charity the Black Trans Foundation t
- HOW TO BUILD A CAREER IN THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES - FREE GUIDEA FREE careers guide jam-packed with resources, advice, and inspiration to help YOU build your creative career, created with The Gallyry and designed by Malini Rao ✨The first part of this guide will provide you with links to sites and resources for job hunting, training, and networking. ✨The second part of this guide will get you inspired through invaluable advice straight from those who are working in amazing jobs across six different creative career paths Featuring: Zoé Whitley, Director12
+ Show more
Marketing & Events ConsultantKim Does Marketing
London, United KingdomFreelance
I specialise in helping startups, small businesses and ambitious entrepreneurs grow and see results. Are you looking to launch a new business, product or service, and need an efficient strategy that brings results? Want to set up or improve your digital game? Keen to organise events? Awesome – I can help! 🌟 Audits: Honest feedback on your website, email marketing and social media, plus advice on how to boost your performance. 🌟 Coaching & consulting: A one-on-one, power-hour marketing session with a straightforward and practical approach. Popular topics include marketing strategy development, brainstorming campaign ideas, launch planning, lead generation activation, and more. 🌟 One-off project management: If you’re looking for a freelancer to strategise or run your next marketing campaign; set up or refresh your email marketing; optimise your e-commerce site to boost conversions and traffic; get an edge on social media by creating engaging content; or host successful events – then I’ll help get you where you need to be. 🌟 Part-time services: Need an experienced pro to guide your junior marketing team, lead a critical project or simply manage your marketing efforts? You can hire me as a contract consultant and I’ll dedicate 2-4 days per month or more to help you get the results you need. 🌟 Events & workshops: I regularly speak at events, run workshops and join panel discussions on topics including marketing, freelance careers, female entrepreneurship and others. Appearances have included: General Assembly, Courier Magazine, Soho House, Top Drawer, and Enterprise Nation. Recent clients include: Earl of East, Kankan, Partnership Editions, Lily Vanilli, Big Night, Kib Tea, Arkitaip, Dawson Denim, Courier magazine, The Wern, Elizabeth Stiles.
+ Show more
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Event Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Event Communications
- Online Communications
- Online Marketing
MASTER DEGREE : MANAGEMENT AND MARKETINGKedge Business School
- Marseille, France
Specialisation in Marketing and Communication Exchange student program at ISM Dortmund, Germany