You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Dundee's Mini Make-Off?
Do you really want to delete project Memento (Graduate Collection)?
Jewellery Designer | Maker | Events | Social-Media I am a self-employed jewellery designer and maker based in Dundee, Scotland. Working mainly in silver, I create serene, minimalist jewellery inspired by bold geometric shapes and architectural structures. I am a trained bench jeweller with knowledge in design development, manufacturing and repairs. As well as my own designs, I work with clients to create limited edition and one-off commissions. I also enjoy working collaboratively with other creatives, the most recent example being Dundee's Mini Make Off: a small, local initiative aiming to engage local communities with makers, artists and designersLocked Pro Plan feature
- Fully-qualified professional independent jewellery designer and maker with BDes (Hons) in Jewellery and Metal Design. - Sole trader of Kirsten Manzi Jewellery Design, set up in November 2015 with the launch of debut collection Fragment - Scottish Jewellery Week Jewellery Trail featured designer, part of Dundee Design Festival 2016 - Exhibited across the UK at exhibitions including the prestigious New Designers, The Barbican and Lesley Craze Gallery in London - One of six jewellers selected to exhibit in Designer Jeweller Group's Winter Exhibition - Collaborated with a variety of individual clients, and creatives including creating bespoke pieces for Highland Wedding Candles and a limited edition pin to raise money for Women's Aid - Participated in a number of Pop-Up events across Scotland including Tea Green Events, Little Birds Market, and WHO ART THOU Pop-Up Shops.
- Founding member of Dundee Mini Make-Off; a small initiative engaging local communities with makers, artists and designers in an effort to celebrate unique creative communities, increase arts accessibility and introduce people to the benefits of making. - Working with a small team on all aspects of the development of Dundee Make-Off including business planning, fundraising, PR, marketing and audience development. - Creating and editing content for online communications as well as maintaining and updating of a range of online resources and social media profiles. - Organised and facilitated a one-day creative event featuring over 30 designers and makers, through a programme of workshops, an exhibition including work from Duncan of Jordanstone's 2016 Masters show and Dundee Print Collective, a live make-off competition and a collaborative pop-up shop with POPDUNDEE.
- Workshop facilitator with Skillshare, a community-led project helping to inspire, empower and connect members of the student and residential community by sharing practical skills and crafts. - Organised, developed and delivered group Make a Ring tutorial teaching basic jewellery techniques such as sawing, hammering, texturing, forming and polishing and encouraging different ways of creative thinking as well as the exploration of designs and ideas.
- Trained bench jeweller for an independent jewellery manufacture and repair workshop open to trade and retail jewellery businesses in Scotland and Ireland. - Working with gold, silver and occasionally platinum and palladium skills include; polishing, chain repairs, ring sizing, rhodium plating as well as minor remodelling, redesigning and alterations. - Worked on several projects and repairs from different regions across Scotland, managing a large and varied workload. - Enhanced technical abilities working with precision and attention to detail to complete and finish repairs to the highest standard. - Off bench tasks included documenting all repairs to be completed, photographing incoming work and organising and maintaining workshop equipment and tools
- Coordinated activities and supervised twelve 10- and 11-year-old girls at a family owned and operated residential summer camp in Monticello, New York and led jewellery tutorials as part of the art team. - Orchestrated and delivered a dynamic program of jewellery workshops and tutorials for both small and large groups of girls aged 5-15; applying subject-specific knowledge in the Arts, Craft and Jewellery Design in a classroom setting. - Acted as teacher, supervisor and carer, lived with campers 24-hours a day, providing a warm, safe and nurturing environment. This involved implementing the daily and weekly schedules, directing and supervising children in spontaneous and planned activities as well as taking responsibility for their safety, personal care and discipline. - Responded decisively to misbehaviour and social conflict by implementing collaborative problem-solving and one-on-one counselling with campers.
- Assisted with making and finishing jewellery, and general running of a small jewellery workshop
- Accepted onto the Transatlantic Exchange Programme to study at SUNY New Paltz for one semester Modules included; The History of Modern Design, Drawing and Visual Thinking, Monoprint, Metal Construction and Fabrication, Design: Form - Represented University of Dundee at international study abroad fair. - Exhibited in a number of exhibitions in the Art Department. - Organised events and excursions for exchange students.
- Graduated in 2013 with BDes(Hons) in Jewellery and Metal Design. Modules included: Advertising and Branding; Design in the Market; Peer Networks and Connections and Practical Studies. - Committee Member for fundraising group - Organised and exhibited in a number of group exhibitions within the jewellery department. - Participated in Christmas sales at the Duncan of Jordanstone and Dundee Contemporary Arts - Created a fundraising campaign through Kickstarter to raise money for New Designers - Awarded the Dundee Graduate Skills Award. - Awarded the F & A Bradshaw Award allowing me to buy materials and equipment to continue making after graduating - Accepted onto the Transatlantic Exchange programme for one semester
Awarded in recognition of high qaulity of work.
Awarded on completion of the University of Dundee's personal skills development programme.
One of six jewellers selected at the annual New Designers exhibition at the Business Design Centre in Islington, to exhibit with the Designer Jewellers Group at the Barbican Arts Centre, to gain experience in meeting the public and selling my work.
One of seven jewellers Selected at New Designers to showcase a selection of work in Lesley Craze Gallery's New Talent Exhibition in London.