A BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism graduate from the London College of Fashion, with over five years worth of experience writing/editing for a number of online and print publications.
– Compiling the social media calendar – Writing social content for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook – Producing monthly social reports – Writing editorial content – Writing campaign pitches – Interviewing talent – Writing the weekly newsletter – Writing press releases – Product writing – Subbing internal and external comms
– Writing long-read features for online – Conducting interviews
– Attending LFW, NYFW – Attending the London Film Festival – Interviewing creative talent – Writing show reports for online – Writing long-read features for online
– Compiling the monthly editorial calendar – Writing content for the MW Style Feed and WW Fashion & Beauty Feed – Using Adobe Analytics to report on the Style Feed’s weekly performance – Liaising with the fashion team on shoots – Liaising with the social team in regard to pushing content across ASOS’ channels – Training fellow employees on how to use our CMS system – Leading the fortnightly editorial meeting – Coordinating menswear shoots – Attending London Fashion Week Men’s
– Writing brand page copy – Writing header and banner copy for campaigns – Producing campaign reports – Writing paid social content – Subbing ASOS Magazine features – Writing menswear content for the online Style Feed
- Subbing and publishing content for the MW Style Feed and WW Fashion & Beauty Feed - Writing articles for the MW Style Feed and WW Fashion & Beauty Feed - Operating as main Sub for Looped - Pitching content ideas at weekly editorial meetings - Subbing email content - Subbing social posts for all channels - Subbing ad/promo content - Subbing press releases and invites - Subbing product descriptions - Subbing category headers - Subbing campaign copy - Subbing homepage copy (UK, AU and US) - Writing brand pages - Writing metadata descriptions - Hyperlinking - Sourcing imagery for articles
– Interviewing artists and writing long-read features for both print and online – Writing album reviews – Writing gig reviews – Writing music festival reviews
– Pitching article ideas to Vice UK, Munchies and Broadly – Writing long-read features – Conducting interviews
– Writing content for both print and online (features, news pieces and short articles) – Subbing/editing copy – Contributing to the Dazed 100 – Pitching article ideas at editorial meetings – Operating the CMS to upload content – Attending fashion week and writing articles/show reports (LFW, CPHFW) – Interviewing artists/designers – Liaising with writers, photographers, bloggers and PRs – Recruiting/commissioning bloggers and writers for LFW and NYFW – Managing a team of interns – Using SEO and hyperlinking – Sourcing images for online galleries and Instagram – Compiling writers’ and photographers’ schedules – Sourcing video content
- Pitching three ideas on a weekly basis - Writing a weekly column related to the creative arts
BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism course taught by industry professionals. The course included both print and broadcast elements, allowing students to develop writing, interviewing, filming and editing skills.
I was chosen over 570 other applicants to become IdeasTap's weekly columnist for nine months.