I am a versatile and ambitious Menswear Apparel Designer, who possesses a strong eye for detail, colours, trims, textures and washes. Inspiration is drawn from a variety of places, such as hunting out vintage, traditional and technical garments, and using them to create fresh and innovative designs, whilst working within the brand identity and consumer expectations. After working for various Streetwear and Lifestyle brands in London, including Ben Sherman, I moved to Amsterdam two years ago to be the Men’s Lifestyle Wovens Designer for O'Neill. During my six years in the industry, I have maintained the highest standard of quality and workmanship, and worked to continuously develop the skills fundamental to the creation of cohesive commercial collections. I am a skilled researcher with a great awareness of new and emerging trends, and am proud of my ability to compile ranges, product styles and key looks. I have also focused on improving cross-divisional communication flow by working very closely with other designers, graphic designers, buyers and technicians on a range of issues such as market pricing, sampling, creative direction, design and commercial strategy. My current position has then further developed my communication and organisational skills, plus my capacity for progressive fashion design, and helped me develop abilities required in a leading role. Even though I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at O’Neill, taken on great responsibilities heading up my product categories, and learned much about active and performance techniques, I am now looking to progress in my career. Being diligent, self‐motivated and a recognised team contributor, I feel that I would be an excellent addition to the team and can fulfil all the requirements of this position.
Menswear Outerwear DesignerWe Fashion
- NetherlandsFull Time
• Worked in the Headquarters in The Netherlands. Taking on full control of the Mens Outerwear collection design. • Created collections matching the various in house ‘brands’ of the company. Sticking to the ideals of the customer pro les. • Developped collections based on divisional line plan, turnover budget, margin targets, pricing proposals, latest trend research and market performance. • Worked very closely with the Buying department and other Design members to create a cost e ective collection. Focussing on detail and trend research to create a trend forward cost competitive collection. • Took on all responsibilities of the designer from inicial research all the way through to nal production, and store placement. • Responsible for over seas comunication to suppliers and factories to ensure a quality driven collection. • Travelling for shopping, research and development trips are a key aspect of the role. • Main focus is keeping up and beyond competitors bar on trend and value.
Menswear Outerwear and Wovens DesignerO'Neill Europe
- NetherlandsFull Time
• Worked in the European head o ce, creating innovative market driven collections according to a de ned target group and brand DNA across all woven product within Mens Lifestyle Design, specializing in Outerwear • Develop collections based on divisional line plan, turnover budget, margin targets, pricing proposals, latest trend research and market performance. • Keen eye on trend/competitor research and market observation, travelling frequently around Europe for trade shows and research trips, and to factories in Asia for development trips. • Take on all responsibilities as Designer, from hand sketch to nal production for the Mens lifestyle collection and outerwear for O’Neill Europe & Australia. • Manage all lab dips and colour processes • Responsible for the creation of all sketches, technical and detailed sampling documents, ttings, review of sampling/workmanship, supplier meetings abroad. • Play an essential role in all presentations of the collection at Concept/ Trend stage & global sales meetings • Take part in showroom and fashion show set-ups. • Have a main focus on pushing and progressing the brand forward in to a more trend led market.
+ Show more
- Fashion Design/patternmaking/construction/dds/illustration
- Adobe Illustrator/photoshop/indesign
- Trend Forecasting and Research
- Garment Costing
- Garment Development
- Garment Fitting
- Menswear Design