I am a budding female creative who thrives off storytelling and uncovering human truths. Learning about people's cultural perspectives continually shapes me as a person and I'm always seeking new opportunities both inside and outside of industry. You can view some of my work at www.laurelspiers.com.
- Starbucks: Put A Lid On ItWe were tasked with making a real, conscious shift in the way Starbucks operates and contributes to the environment. Put A Lid On It places Starbucks as the first global coffee chain to eradicate single-use cups and instead adopt lids. Rather than customers exchanging returnable, reusable keep-cups, we avoided all hygiene issues completely, by simply selling lids instead, and also keeping the personality that Starbucks is so well known for. [D&AD New Blood Shift 2019 winning brief]
- Durex STRIPPEDDurex wanted to bridge the gap between disability and sexuality, and challenge people’s preconceptions and stigmas. The podcast STRIPPED does this by empowering everyone to have better sex. Hosting a variety of abled and disabled presenters and guests, STRIPPED normalises disabled perspectives in the sex space, squashes sex myths and equips listeners with insightful sexual advice they can take-away and try out in the bedroom; because who doesn’t want to be better in bed?
Projects credited in
- Starbucks 'Put a lid on it'[D&AD New Blood Shift 2019 winning brief] This project was a one-day turnover brief for Starbucks, a name that is not synonymous with sustainability. But it was time for them to make a change. We were tasked with making a real, conscious shift in the way Starbucks operates and contributes to the environment. Starbucks will be the first global coffee chain to eradicate single-use cups by literally putting a lid on it. Starbucks will instead start using returnable keep-cups; but with this comes
- International Women’s Day 2021, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a way to go when it comes to improving gender diversity and equality in the creative, tech and digital industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. We’re thrilled to be releasing our annual list celebrating and shining a spotlight on 100+ rising stars from underrepresented gender identities – as nominated by The Dots community – who are transforming the industry of today and inspiring the generation of tomorrow. The list beams wit175
- Meet the D&AD New Blood Shift London class of 2019We're thrilled to present the D&AD New Blood Shift class of 2019. D&AD New Blood Shift is an intensive night school programme that places an emphasis on raw, untrained talent. Shift compels its students to make the best creative work of their life and challenges the industry to search further for creative talent. This year, 19 Shifters – all with creative talent but no formal arts education or degree – have been through the intensive four-month night school and learning programme. They've lea71
- Idea Generation
- Visual Communication
- Concept Ideas
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- London, United Kingdom
As an alumnus of the D&AD Shift program, I have worked on briefs with brands such as Starbucks, giffgaff, and Powerleague. Responses to the briefs were created from strategy right through to pitching to the client and agencies e.g. Iris & PWC. It was on D&AD Shift that I discovered Creative Strategy is an area I feel really passionate about, and it's where my strengths come into their own.
Foundation Diploma in Art and DesignKingston School of Art
- Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
At Kingston, I specialised in Graphic Design, working on a lot of campaign, film and animation projects. This developed my interest in documentary film-making, and lead me to volunteer on placement with VSO in Cambodia.