Hey I'm Lauren, a freelance journalist from North London. Currently studying for a Journalism degree at the London College of Communications (UAL). - Main topics I write on: fashion, beauty, film, tv, opinion, culture, reviews, pop culture, music, internet culture. - Dabbled in social media management, digital marketing and content creation. - Open to freelance work, actively looking for a grad job/opportunity in journalism, social media or marketing in Manchester.
- BINA. interview: "I'm proudly an emotional girl"I spoke to South London songstress BINA. about introspection, tears, smiles and jokes, and her new EP, This is Not a Film for Frontline Magazine. https://flmag.co.uk/article/bina-interview-i-used-to-be-someone-who-thought-feelings-were-just-an-inconvenience-but-now-im-proudly-an-emotional-girl/
- Sugababes: A familiar journey through the turbulent pop machineFollowing the Sugababes reunion, and surrounding the group’s 20th anniversary celebrations, I examined the original line-up’s difficult excursion through the music industry for Frontline Magazine. https://flmag.co.uk/article/sugababes-a-familiar-journey-through-the-turbulent-pop-machine/
- Sharing stories and 'Heaux Tales' in Jazmine Sullivan's 4th studio albumTrack by track, I delve into the messages of the trials and tribulations of sex and love in Jazmine Sullivan’s 4th studio album, ‘Heaux Tales’ for GUAP Magazine. https://guap.co.uk/sharing-stories-and-heaux-tales-jazmine-sullivan/
- Pip Millett interview: “Change is hard but it's part of life”For Frontline Magazine, I had a chat with Manchester’s rising R&B/soul singer Pip Millett about familiarity, growth, change and her introspective and emotional Motion Sick EP. https://flmag.co.uk/article/pip-millett-interview-change-is-hard-moving-forward-is-hard-but-its-a-necessary-part-of-life/
+ View all
London, United KingdomFreelance
• Researching music and culture and reporting through written feature pieces of the online blog. • Liasing with publicists and my editor to conduct artist interviews and create thorough and engaging interview pieces. • Keeping up to date with the latest pop culture and music news.
London, United KingdomFreelance
• Writing feature pieces on music, fashion, film, tv, beauty, music and culture for various online publications. • Bylines include REFINERY29 Unbothered UK, gal-dem, GUAP Magazine, Chapter Z Magazine, Sistem Magazine and more. • Liasing with publicists and editors to set up artist interviews and bring together a written article. • Updating my personal blog with all pieces of written work and using web design skills to edit my Wordpress site. • Creating social media content to promote my work. • Experimenting with multiple platforms to publish my work such as Wix, Wordpress, Instagram Guides, Blogger and more.
+ Show more
- Social Media
- Community Engagement
- Artist Interviews
- Content Creation
- Adobe Suite
JournalismUniversity of The Arts London (UAL)
London, United Kingdom
Learning about traditional forms of journalism such as broadcast and radio as well as new forms such as multimedia and mobile journalism. In my final year I'll working on Artefact magazine and creating a digital-first multimedia publication with social media promotion, an accompanying magazine, video channel and podcast. In Year 1 we had in depth studies into Media Law and Ethics.