- Power Suit Social: How to Pitch the MediaPower Suit Social We're having an early Christmas get together, and you're invited! Come and find out how to craft the story of your creative work or freelance business, and hear from top journalists about how they like to be pitched. Oh AND there will be cocktails. DATE: Tues 28th Nov TIME: 6pm to 9pm PLACE: MOO office, Farringdon TICKETS: £5 early bird, or £7.50 LINK: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/power-suit-social-80s-shindig-pitch-the-media-tickets-38820590431
- EVENT: Creative Youth feat. Vogue, Lecture In Progress & more // Power Suit SocialPower Suit Social is a creative network that seeks to keep creativity financially viable, hosting a series of events with a roster of kickass speakers from big name creative brands to talk about our future. The next event is called Creative Youth and has a killer lineup, with speakers from: Vogue DigitasLBi Lecture In Progress Creative Mentor Network DATE: Thursday 15th March 2018 TIME: 6pm to 9pm LOCATION: MOO Office, 2nd Floor, 20 Farringdon Road, London EC1M 3AF TICKETS: From just £6, including drinks - see Eventbrite: https://powersuitsocial-creativeyouth.eventbrite.co.uk
- EVENT: Money For The Written WordThe next Power Suit Social is on Wednesday 23rd May and is all about how you can make money from your writing, whether in blogging, journalism or even books. We've put together a fantastic lineup: Emma Gannon, influencer, author and host of Ctrl Alt Delete podcast Marisa Bate, contributing editor at The Pool Abigail Bergstrom, head of publishing at Gleam If you've got burning questions about whether you can make a sideline in writing or turn it into your full time gig, get your tickets now for just £8 each: GET TICKETS HERE DATE: Weds 23rd May TIME: 6pm - 9pm LOCATION: MOO office, Farringdon Power Suit Social is a creative network that seeks to keep creativity financially viable, hosting a series of events with a roster of kickass speakers from big name creative brands to talk about our future. Oh and it's the 1980s branded network you never knew you needed in your life.
Projects credited in
- 25 top creative industry events to get involved with this yearWant to make this the year to join a creative community or career support network? Ready to knuckle down on acing a professional quality, like commercialising yourself or making all-important freelance contacts? Maybe you’ve just got the creative thirst for learning, listening and being inspired by creative luminaries? Whatever your reasons, we’ve put together a pocket size list of organisers and their live events that lit up the scene in 2018 - ones that we think you should keep your eyes on ov113
- PODCAST: Paul Mellor on taking fucking risksPower Suit Podcast: We’ve got some new dulcet tones for your Walkman: in the latest episode of Power Suit Podcast, we interviewed Paul Mellor about getting risky. In 2017, Paul Mellor’s agency started Take Fucking Risks, the events that started out upstairs in a pub, and encourage creative people to get risky. He is the cofounder of design agency Mellor & Smith, which started in 2009. Lauren talks to Paul about the benefits of getting life experience before the world of work, the perils of lazy4
+ Show more
FounderPower Suit Social
London, United KingdomFreelance
I started Power Suit Social because I feel we need a forum to talk about the future of creativity and how we keep it commercially viable. There are currently lots of parallels with the uncertainties of the early 80s, so we need shoulder pads and hairspray to help us answer questions in 2017 and beyond.
+ Show more
- Digital Advertising
- Tech Startups
- Thought Leadership
BA (Hons) Linguistics with FrenchUniversity of Sussex
- Brighton, United Kingdom
Final year dissertation on the use of 'Arabish' on Facebook (young Saudis using anglicised Arabic) and how language helps construct identity.