2020 Fashion Design Graduate - 1st Class Honours Experienced Design Assistant, having assisted Xiao Li in her SS19 collection and LFW catwalk show. I also have experience within: E-commerce, Merchandising and Styling, having worked at the Jules B head office, in Newcastle. To compliment these I have a history of working within the retail and hospitality sector, which has allowed me to understand customer needs, work successfully within a team and develop my communication skills. CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ARTS THREAD: https://www.artsthread.com/profile/leahparker/ INSTAGRAM: leahjessica_design
- Diffusion - Neapolitan HolidayA wardrobe spring/summer collection made up of soft hues and pastel tones. A colour palette inspired by the multiple colours within a Neapolitan ice-cream. High waisted tailoring with a relaxed fit, casual denim day wear and silky sophisticated silhouettes for evening attire, collectively form the collection.
- Glitch In RealityMy Mainline collection designed as part of the final year of my degree. Based on how technology has changed since 1998, the year I was born. Focusing mainly on social media, augmented reality and virtual reality, as the main defining technologies of the time period. Surrealism links highlight how technology provides us with an 'esc' from reality. Full of endless possibilities and contradictions to the real world. Technology allows us to live our lives through a screen. Distorting our sense of re
Shoe Fitter/Sales AssociateClarks
- York, United KingdomPart Time
Summer temp position at the Clarks store in York Designer Outlet. (2019 & 2020) Role: Fitting and recommending shoes within the children's department, as part of the 'Back to School' scheme. This was a very busy time period for the store and as a team we met and exceeded store targets. (2019)
Studio Coordinator and Online StylistJules B
- Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomFull Time
After 3 months of interning at Jules B I took over the role of the Online Stylist as maternity cover. My role included general organisation of the creative department, communicating with the Jules B stores from the head office, booking models and organising photoshoots. My main responsibility was styling during the photoshoots and merchandising the website daily.
+ Show more
- Pattern Cutting
- CAD Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Time Management
BA (Hons) Fashion DesignSheffield Hallam University
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
Grade Achieved: 1st Class Honours This was a four year course, including a years placement.
Extended Diploma in Art and Design (fashion and ClothingSelby College
- Selby, United Kingdom
Grade Achieved: Distinction The final pieces I created within both years of study were shown at the UAL Awarding Body's Origins Exhibition at the Menier Gallery in London (2015 & 2016).
+ Show more