I'm Liam Scarlino, a freelance motion designer originally from Bedfordshire, now based in London. I’ve been freelancing since August, after five years working in a creative production agency. I've worked on promos, TVCs, online, digital and social campaigns, responsive and quick turnaround adverts, on both solo and collaborative projects. Clients have ranged from sports streaming to radio broadcasters, to art galleries to environmental charities, including: UEFA | WeWork | Manchester City & Hays | DAZN | McDonalds | NFL | CR7 | LBC | Heart Radio | Capitol | History Channel | Crime & Investigation | Tate I’m also into photography. I was first given a camera around sixteen years ago, and I've been learning to use it ever since. I'm currently looking for freelance work. If you'd like to drop me an email or request a CV, you can find me at email@example.com
- Showreel 2020Here's my motion design showreel for 2020. I’ve worked on promos, TVCs, online and digital campaigns, responsive and quick turnaround briefs, solo and collaborative projects. Clients have ranged from sports streaming to radio broadcasters, to art galleries to environmental charities. Take a look! If you would like to get in contact, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. More projects are available at liamscarlino.net Thanks!
- Hong Gou Coffee PackagingPackaging and identity for Taiwanese coffee company Hong Gou. The company produce high quality pour over coffee, sourced from the mountainous central area of Taiwan. They are proud of their heritage, and asked for a design which reflects the origin of the product, whilst underlining their identity as a Taiwanese brand. To reduce printing costs, a monotone design was requested, which could be printed onto different card stocks. The slightly different tones and coloured seals indicate the three types of bean available. In response to this request, I drew a panoramic mountain scene from Sun Moon Lake, a well known idyllic beauty spot in the central mountains, close to the source of the beans, in traditional pen and ink, which is usually used for calligraphy, and chose three heavy uncoated stocks for printing, to give the product an earthy, natural feel. As a nod to Taiwan's aboriginal culture, I chose the seal colours from the Sakizaya tribe's traditional embroidery. The coffee is due for wide release throughout Taiwan in Summer 2016.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Tricks,Tackles and Adel Taarabt: A look at the midfield brilliance of Benfica's Adel Taarabt, a maverick entertainer who has added a dynamic steel to his gameFor our fourth episode in our Nothing Is Written campaign for the UEFA Europa League, we feature Adel Taarabt. Combining archive footage with an interview with the man himself, this story focuses on his transformation from attacking maverick to midfield maestro for Benfica in the Europa League this year
- Young and Hungry: A look at Bayer Leverkusen's young and ambitious forwards taking the attack to Europa League defencesFor our third episode in our Nothing Is Written campaign for the UEFA Europa League, we feature Peter Bosz, a manager dedicated to an attacking football philosophy and Moussa Diaby, a player thriving in this environment. Combining archive footage with interviews, this story showcases a team full of attacking intent as they look to take on all comers in Europe.
- Breaking Europe: Granada and their remarkable journey to the Europa League knockout roundsFor our second episode in our Nothing Is Written campaign for the UEFA Europa League, we feature Diego Martinez, the mastermind behind Granada's remarkable rise to qualify for Europe. Combining archive footage with an interview with the man himself, this story showcases how a hard working and astute manager has built a team to compete on the European stage.
- Homegrown hero in the UEL: Valentin AntovFor our first episode in our Nothing Is Written campaign for the UEFA Europa League, we feature CSKA Sofia centre half Valentin Antov, who first captained the club at just 14. Combining archive footage with an interview with the man himself, this story focuses on an ambitious young leader eager to make his mark on the European stage.
Senior Motion DesignerHow Now
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I work on promos, TVCs, online and digital campaigns, responsive and quick turnaround adverts, and both solo and collaborative projects. Clients have ranged from sports streaming to radio broadcasters. Regular responsibilities include working across multiple projects on any given work day, providing time and staffing estimates for projects, working to graphic briefs from creatives and clients to fit within deadlines, managing and briefing freelancers at different levels, communicating workload, time estimates and priorities with both the production and creative teams, managing the design elements of the server, keeping assets up to date, working with creatives to conceptualise and execute graphic briefs, working on pitch graphics, templating graphic projects, feeding into 360 campaigns and how they could be realised, post work and artworking.
Various projects across creative disciplines; focused on animation & film. Recent projects have included murals, motion graphics, packaging and music videos. All projects available at liamscarlino.net
- 3D Computer Animation
- Music Videos
- Motion Graphics
- Premiere Pro
- After Affects
- Painting Illustration
- 2D Animation
- TV Advertising
- Motion Design