• Developing The Blues Kitchen identity, brand and concept. • Launching three venues in London between 2009 and 2015 (Camden, Shoreditch & Brixton). • Managing a promotions team of 10 alongside production, sound and lighting engineers. • Managing a bookings team of 5 to maximise revenue via private and corporate bookings. • Social media management across all platforms, building up an active and engaged audience of over 85,000 • Co-ordinating advertising, brand partnerships, national press, viral / online marketing & poster / flyer campaigns. • Development and maintenance of www.theblueskitchen.com • Use of web analytics, Google advertising campaigns & search engine optimisation. • Programming a profitable diary of live music and conceptual events in multiple venues. • Creating and designing e-flyers whilst maintaining a database of 165,000 email addresses. • Liaising with management companies & negotiating with booking agencies. • Arranging work permits for international artists. • Booking notable artists such as: The Libertines, Gary Clark Jr, Seasick Steve, Mystery Jets, The Maccabees, Bombay Bicycle Club, Andrew Weatherall, Huey Morgan and The Jim Jones Revue amongst countless others. • Management of The Blues Kitchen Youtube Channel – creating regular video content with the likes of Kitty, Daisy & Lewis, Blind Boy Paxton, Luther Dickinson, Alvin Youngblood Hart etc. • Managing external PR agencies. • Bespoke design / management of sound and lighting systems across all venues. • Marketing & producing external promotions within other venues & organisations such as: The Garage, Village Underground, XOYO, Scala, Soho House Group, Isle of White Festival and Secret Garden Party. • Using monthly profit & loss documents to run the venues efficiently & maintaining profit related targets.
• Creating the most successful blues & roots podcast in the world. • Producing and hosting a weekly radio show and releasing via iTunes. • Building up a worldwide audience of 40,000 weekly listeners with 450,000 subscribers. • Interviewing guest artists such as: George Clinton, Gary Clark Jnr, The Black Crowes, White Denim, Temples, Cage The Elephant, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Charles Bradley, Sharon Jones & Wilko Johnson amongst many more. • Recording shows on location in Nashville, New Orleans & Memphis. • Podcast available here: http://apple.co/LsaB3U
• Programming a 3500 capacity festival at Euston Hall in Suffolk. • Booking a line up of international artists. • Co-ordinating national marketing and promotional activity. • Selling the traders spaces to suitable food, drink & clothing vendors. • Social media management (until June 2015) • Doubling the capacity from year one helping the festival to achieve profit in year two.
• Managing artist, sound crew & merchandise sales throughout Europe, liaising with management, PR, promotion companies, TV and radio. • Financial management of the tours. • Arranging routing and accommodation.
• Stage management of ‘The Ray Ban Rooms’ at the Isle of Wight festival. • Liaising with production, tour management & bands such as Mumford & Sons, Tim Burgess, Florence & The Machine, The XX, The Vaccines, Pixie Lott & The Horrors amongst many more. • Artist fees and arranging ground transportation. • Working with Ray Ban as a brand – liaising with photographers & overseeing product placement. • Managing a production team to execute the programme of events, ensuring efficiency & timeliness across two stages.
• Member of a band managed by Supervision / Mama Group. • Toured with companies such as SJM & Metropolis. • International television and radio performances alongside music videos. • Worked with Primary Talent / Coda booking agencies. • Toured the UK, Europe & Japan playing venues up to 7000 cap.
• Liaised with tour managers & ran shows / events to a strict time schedule & curfew. • Organising show times, guest lists, riders. • Gained first experience of working alongside international artists such as Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Fatboy Slim, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs & many others.
1st Year of Study
Sociology (A) / English (B) / Geography (C)