- Self-initiated / Illustrated BookCreated in June 2021, "I'm Fine" is about how a lonely person convinces herself/himself to feel fine. The comic strips are inspired by some of the submitted stories from project I’m fine, whereas the big landscape drawings reflect on the text that flows through the book. I wrote this text thinking about a dialogue with myself when I am alone. It summarises the attitude of the practice - “I’m fine.” or more accurately - “I want to be fine”. Although the subject of this book is loneliness, the wo
- Customellow / Fashion collaborationCommissioned by Customellow, a Menswear brand in South Korea, I created 8 designs for their SS 2020 collection and SS 2021 collection. The work responded to the client’s brief, in which upsetting moment in daily lives are viewed humorously and lightly. They were later applied on various clothing items including t-shirts, socks, caps, bags etc. These items are mostly sold in Kolon mall, museums and pop-up stores in South Korea. All work was created in Adobe Photoshop.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Meet the maker: Lily KongMeet the maker highlights students and graduates from University of the Arts London who have products stocked in not just a shop. Lily Kong is a London-based illustrator, who uses her practice to celebrate joyful moments. She studied BA Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts and then completed an MA in Graphic Communication Design at Central Saint Martins. In her free time, she loves staring at the clouds for hours and is a big fan of Kew Gardens in London. She also loves sneakily listenin2
London, United KingdomFreelance
Clients included Tate, Ace and Tate, Sogo Seibu, Intern Magazine, It’s Nice That, Adidas, Eddie Bauer, CJ ENM, Customellow, CFCCA (Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art), Artsadmin, Peep Magazine, Gas As Interface etc.
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop/indesign/illustrator
- Microsoft Word/excel/powerpoint/office
- Branding Identity
- Graphic Communication
- Gallery Assistant
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Management
6 months Erasmus ProgrammeWillem de Kooning Academy
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Studying abroad in Willem De Kooning Academy, Rotterdam for 6 months has been a valuable experience to me, by getting in touch with a more practical-based curriculum. Projects are collaborations with others, which made me a better communicator and presenter of my own. Project outcomes included game concept designs, animations and books. Achieved grade 8 out of 9 in the final show.
+ Show more