Lisa Gray is an award-winning Executive Producer and content creator with extensive experience across both television and multiplatform technologies. Audience driven entertainment has been a critical feature of Lisa’s successes. The founder has worked across a diverse range of genres in television broadcast over the years including drama, documentary, branded entertainment, light entertainment, reality, music, and live studio television. Lisa has a deep appreciation for the power of good, old-fashioned storytelling, whatever the form using Technology to innovate these stories. Originally from Australia, Lisa was invited to apply for the Tech City on a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in 2015 based on her extensive experience working in global markets in the interactive entertainment industry. At that time, the visa was only awarded to 200 a year globally. A passionate advocate for social media and interactive storytelling, she is highly regarded for her ability to facilitate cross-industry collaborations and driving property diversification across new media. Lisa’s expertise and unique international perspective have been sought for numerous industry panels, presentations, and correspondent and mentoring roles globally. She has also judged for both the International Emmys and the International Digital Emmys. Black Meteor is a New Media lab and communications agency. Black Meteor is a bridge to businesses looking to engage younger demographics with their message, product or idea. Black Meteor has helped blue-chip organisations including No 10 Downing Street, Global Citizen, Johnny Carson Center of Emerging Media Arts and The Guardian. Black Meteor acts as a bridge to connect your brands' message, product or idea too, and engage with the influential today. Black Meteor has been instrumental in co-developing I.P that connects their core messages with their established and growing invested communities. Black meteor works with a variety of talent, including influencers, experts and celebrities. Black Meteor has been successfully consulting for the best of breed of production companies (Wizz Kids, Maker Studios, and Elton John's Rocket Pictures, 4th Floor Entertainment Group), networks (BBC, CBBC, Sky News, NBC and Channel 5), agencies (RG/A, Fold7) and brands (Hilton Hotels, TrueLinked) for 4 years. The founder of Black Meteor, Lisa Gray, has extensive experience in the entertainment with Impact Space in the UK, US and Australian Markets. A passionate advocate for convergence of media and technology, she is highly regarded for her ability to facilitate cross-industry collaborations and driving property diversification in new ways. Black Meteor is a new media lab and a communications agency. Black Meteor has been working with clients to co-develop I.P. that connects their messages they are passionate about to their established and growing committed communities. Only recently, Black Meteor has extended to relevant businesses looking to engage younger demographics to their message, product or idea. The client list includes BBC, NBCU, Channel 5, Sony Music, No 10 Downing Street, Global Citizen, and The Guardian. Black Meteor thoroughly enjoys working with these clients to enable younger generations of stories to be heard. Ultimately, it will inspire our global community can be inspired by them to do better and be better. Lisa’s expertise and unique international perspective has been sought for numerous industry panels, presentations, and correspondent and mentoring roles both locally and internationally for the likes of MIPTV, MIPCom, SPAA, Mumbrella 360, X Media Lab and AFTRS. She has also judged for both the International Emmys and the International Digital Emmys.
- Soundtrack of The WorldThe Soundtrack of the World is both a truly innovative art installation and a dynamic shareable online experience. It is the first interactive experience in the world that collates real time data from around the globe and mixes it with music from international band Empire of the Sun to create an ever-changing soundtrack. Twelve global data feeds will be selected to represent the major global statistics of the world spanning environmental, welfare, population and social demographics. At set time
- The New CrowdWhen MTV International needed a new show for their millennial audience they put out a worldwide brief. We couldn't help but answer it, with a show called the New Crowd, which explored the journeys that young people take when they want to become part of a sub-culture. MTV were impressed, and wanted a pilot, in fact it was the first pilot they had ever commissioned outside of the US and UK. The pilot was launched in five global territories and people all over the world got to see inside the secret
- Stay TunedStay Tuned was a 30 part half hour multiplatform series that was produced for the ABC. I was the creator and Executive Producer on the series. As a kid we all had burning questions for our favourite Rockstars so we thought it would be fun to create a TV show that connected the fans to the bands. Together with ABC 3 we created Stay Tuned an interactive TV series and online portal that took viewers behind the scenes of the music industry to meet artists like Jared Leto, Tinie Tempah and Ke$ha.
Projects credited in
- August 2018 (applications closed)We’re looking for 30 curious, diverse & talented people to join us at a special masterclass at the iconic AKQA. There is no set creative field, you could be in design, UX/UI, creative direction, advertising, experiential, VR, writing - you name it! We are interested in hearing from people who are innovative, use their skills to tell stories or have a passion for making work with social purpose. Whether you want to kickstart your career, show your ideas or step up to a fresh new position, this m37
- Stay Tuned - Associate Producer2 x 30 part series for ABC 3 produced by The Feds 'As a kid we all had burning questions for our favourite Rockstars so we thought it would be fun to create a TV show that connected the fans to the bands. Together with ABC 3 we created Stay Tuned an interactive TV series and online portal that took viewers behind the scenes of the music industry to meet artists like Jared Leto, Tinie Tempah and Ke$ha. Stay Tuned has sold all over the world and most importantly answered over 60 burning questions from kids about the music industry.
Founder: Executive Producer & Content ConsultantBlack Meteor Media
London, United KingdomFreelance
Black Meteor is a New Media lab and communications agency. Black Meteor brings together lateral thinking creatives who know how to connect and inspire today's global audiences through responsive, effective and strategically-conceived storytelling. We believe, in this rapidly evolving, audience-driven landscape, entertainment properties regardless of scope or focus need to engage their audience, customers and users in engaging and fulfilling ways if they are to survive and thrive. Black Meteor is focused on helping content makers better understand their audience's needs and expectations by providing creative support and breaking down perceived barriers to strategic, scalable solutions. We can show you how to start a meaningful conversation with your audience and how to maintain that engagement well into your property's future. Black Meteor is available for consulting, creative or production advice for your next project to ensure you make the right connections, realise your vision and organically reach your audience. Clients include: NBC Universal, Sony Music International, Channel 5, Rocket Entertainment UK, Grumpy Sailor, Red Bull TV, BBC Worldwide, Screen Australia, Screen West, The projects*, RG/A, Fold7, The Guardian UK, Nickelodeon US and CBBC
Head of Content & Executive ProducerThe Feds
- Sydney, AustraliaFreelance
Lisa has been responsible for leading the development and production on all television and interactive initiatives for a range of clients, as well as developing and producing original IP in-house, a number of which have garnered both industry recognition and commercial popularity for their innovation. She has expanded her role to include an international focus and as such has established and maintained ongoing relationships with numerous international broadcasters including Channel 4 and MTV International in the UK, and Nickelodeon, A&E, Travel Channel, Esquire, MTV and Red Bull in the US, regularly receiving commissioning briefs and pitch invitations. In the branded entertainment space, she has been both brand liaison and concept creator/director on numerous projects for high profile clients such as Woolworths, Optus, Universal Music, AMP and Mastercard. She has been invited to participate in numerous industry engagements in various roles including speaker and mentor. She has championed a number of cross-media collaborations, and has extensive experience developing online and interactive projects in collaboration with broadcasters such as Australia’s ABC. She has developed an extensive knowledge of Australia’s government funding programs and regulations, having helped to secure numerous grants for the company, including the prestigious Screen Australia Enterprise Program in 2013. Highlights have included: Executive Producer Soundtrack Of The World Interactive Data/Music Installation and Online Experience Executive Producer Stay Tuned Interactive Music Format, S1 (2011) & S2 (2012) for ABC – includes 15-part online extension InTune through Screen Australia Winner MIPFormats International Pitch Prize for Zombie Bootcamp Executive Producer The New Crowd Factual Pilot for MTV Network USA Executive Producer The Other Stage documentary (Nine 2013) and online series for Red Bull TV Format Creator Hardware Challenge Factual Entertainment Format sold to Electus International Development Producer & Director Yes Coach Interactive Online Series, M&C Saatchi for Optus Producer Wildspace Interactive Online Mash-Up & Game for ABC Producer Empire of the Sun iPhone Game for EMI Group Producer The Gruen Video Mash-Up Tool Interactive Experience for ABC’s The Gruen Transfer
+ Show more
- Executive Producer
- Producing Digital Content
- Digital Expertise
- Creative Storytelling
- Creative Producer
- Interactive Art
- Mobile Consulting