I am a multidisciplinary designer with a main focus on user experience and graphic design. I have a background in book and editorial design that strongly informs the way I design for web and mobile. I work at the intersection of user research, product design and visual design. I have worked with multiple early stage start ups translating ideas from vague concepts into fully functioning and successful digital products. It's important to me that I work on projects that solve a problem and have a positive impact. That's why I started my own community focused on sustainable living called And The Future?.
- Ferly – an app to cultivate sexual self-careFerly is a sexual well-being company for womxn. Ferly’s co-founders Anna Hushlak and Billie Quinlan have made it their mission to give all womxn the knowledge, tools and techniques for a healthy, confident and pleasurable sex life. The Ferly mobile App offers a space to learn guided practices for body and mind, explore contemporary sex ed and dive into sensual stories – all in a bite sized audio format.
- I Agree“I have read the Terms and Conditions” is probably the biggest lie on the internet. If we’re being honest with ourselves, none of us read them. They are too long, too boring or too difficult to read and understand and we actually don’t really care anyway. In collaboration with information design agency Signal Noise, I created an infographic which aims to provide the hard facts from all of these user un-friendly terms of services that we agree to every day. This infographic has been exhibited
- SuperHi - Learning how to code made simple (Case Study)OVERVIEW SuperHi is a coding school that teaches people how to code websites – both via online and in person classes in NYC and London. The lessons are taught using SuperHi’s own code editor. This case study shows the process of how I helped improve the interface of the code editor and designed features that made it a tool that aids and encourages autonomous learning. MY ROLE When I started working on SuperHi I was attending the classes myself. That way I could work closely with Rik Lomas, the
- Final Major ProjectThis projects deals with radical data abuse and the monetization of our digital selves. Bringing it into the analogue context of a 'data-shop' to make it tangible and understandable. The publication can be bought through an exchange of personal information (e.g. an email address) and contains information and interviews on data collection as well as excerpts of my digital self. The publication was sold out within the first two hours of the private view of the degree show opening night.
- Access through Tools FestivalTogether with a group of students from the Design for Graphic Communication course and Sophie Demay and Ken Kirton from Hato Press we organized a two day design festival that celebrated the tools and processes used in design practice. The festival consisted of workshops, talks and a pop up exhibition including brilliant speakers such as Daniel Eatock, Peter Nencini, Audrey Samson and many more.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Ferly's AppThe app is the first digital therapeutic for female sexual difficulties. An innovative and pioneering solution closing the pleasure gap and helping women lead healthy, confident and pleasurable lives. Co-created with leading practitioners, Ferly leans into the science of sex to deliver world class audio content that guides women to a healthier sex life.
+ Show more
- Information Architecture
- Information Design
- User Experience
- Editorial Design
- User Interface Design
- User Research
- Design Thinking
- User-centered Design
- Graphic Design
UX DesignGeneral Assembly
London, United Kingdom
After having studied Design for Graphic Communication at LCC, London - a course with a strong focus on Design Thinking and Human-Centred Design - I had a good understanding of User Experience Design and how to develop user focused products. But having worked in this field for over a year now most of my knowledge surrounding this topic was self taught. To fill in the gaps and get an even better understanding I have started the UX part time course at General Assembly to strengthen my skills even more.
+ Show more