You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Aberdeen Asset Management - Bulletin?
Do you really want to delete project The Waste Land Trilogy - Parts I and II?
Do you really want to delete project Panoramic Decelerator - Designer and copywriter?
Do you really want to delete project Gravity Drawings Series?
I'm a trained and active Fine artist, but have also worked in the design industry as a Project Manager for 7 years. Previously to that I trained and worked as a Creative Artworker, so I have great Adobe skills as well as the usual Office skills required for PM work. Over the years I've been commissioned to write short critical texts for various exhibitions including one for a show of now Turner Prize winner Elizabeth Price. I've also curated exhibitions and events - taking them from conception to realisation on very tight budgets. I have also been a visiting lecturer, at The Slade School of Fine Art and Greenwich University. I'm interested in opportunities that might overlap some of these areas, and that will stimulate, excite and challenge me.
– Management of pan-European and Middle East production and roll out of print materials for a leading international brand (NDA), on project by project basis. – Management of creation of point of sale, OOH and way-finding graphics for product launch to over 10,000 stores. – Management of creation and delivery of graphics and magazine ads for new store openings. – Planning, execution and delivery in close contact with both client and suppliers. – Direction of design and artwork team (permanent and freelance). – Briefing of suppliers on graphic allocation, image implementation and timelines. – Budget and quote management for design and print. – Proof checking across 23 languages. – Attendance of workshop events abroad. – Post launch feedback on deliverables to client. – Systems improvements and facilitation to ensure working practices are efficient, enjoyable and create a notion of shared ownership of results.
– Teaching on Graphic Design Principles, Data Visualisation, Narrative and Sequence, and Design and Communication modules - BA Graphic and 3D Design students. – Devising and teaching Artist's books module.
Visiting Lecturer on the 'Expanded Field of Drawing' course run by Jim Hobbs on the Summer School in the summer 2013 and 2015.
Untitled essay commissioned for the exhibition 'Panoramic Decelerator', Jim Hobbs.
– Taking the exhibition from concept to execution. – Management of install. – Creation and maintenance of website, publicity material, social media. – Negotiation of use of space and budget with new exhibition sites.
Visiting Lecturer on Foundation Course (Fine art pathway)
– Artworking on design for print and digital campaigns including Vodafone, Knight Frank, Visa, Barclaycard, LOCOG, ECB, London Underground, Halfords and Harley Davidson.
‘Untitled (and unknown)2, Rubric, The Grid, Issue 2. (rubricjournal.org)
– Curator and direction of the exhibition 'In its wake' from conception to installation – Included a curated performance evening
Untitled essay commissioned for the exhibition ‘Its not what we want but we’ll settle’, Sean Edwards.
‘Treatment for a psychosomatic institute’, commissioned for the exhibition 'The New Ruined Institute' - Elizabeth Price.
Costume and set design for ‘Where the light was less’ (contemporary dance by Bettina Strickler), The Place Prize, London
– Taking the exhibition 'Phase Space' from concept to execution. – Management of install. – Budget management (budget provided by Brunswick Centre). – Negotiations with all parties to ensure launch of Bloomsbury Festival within exhibition was enjoyable and effective. – Creation and maintenance of website, publicity material, social media.
– Assisting curator and directors on administration, exhibitions management and funding applications.
The Slade is an amazing art institution. The MA was an incredible course, taught by some of my heroes.
including Ernst and Young, and Hull Lift NHS.
Shortlisted for the MaxMara Art Prize. In association with the Whitechapel Gallery.
Award for excellence on graduation from Slade School of Art.