Hey, I’m Louis, a DP, Camera Operator and AC based in the East Midlands, UK. I have experience in shooting award winning short & feature films, music videos and corporate videos covering a wide variety of genres including Drama, Comedy, Romance, Horror, Action & Period Piece. In addition to my camera work, I have also worked in theatre and live event lighting. I will be able to hit the floor running with any type of production due to my wide knowledge of different cameras, lenses, grip & lighting equipment that I have used over the past 6 years. Clients Past and Present: NHS/DHL Supply Chain, Nivea, XLVets, Scarsdale Vets, Flare Audio, Arctic Cabins, Specsavers/Ashanti Development. Technical Experience (DP & Camera Operator): 4K, 2K, HD : ARRI ALEXA Mini, RED Epic & Scarlet, Sony FS7, Sony A7s II (own), Sony FS100, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Canon 5D MKII & MKIII, Canon 6D, Canon 7D, Canon 550D (own), GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition (own). HDV, DV: Sony A1E, Sony Z1E, Sony HD1000E, Panasonic AG-HMC151. Other: A full range of lenses (PL/EF) including but not limited to ARRI Zeiss Standard Speed Primes, Lomo Anamorphics, Zeiss CP2 & most of the Canon/Sigma EF range of lenses. Also professional grip and accessories including, Jibs, Dollies, Shoulder Rigs, Matte Boxes, Follow Focuses, Steadicams and Lens Filtration. Equipment I Own: Sony A7s II, Canon 550D, GoPro HERO3 Black, Tilta Cinema Rig, Teradek Clip, Follow Focus, 4x4 Matte Box, Sigma 24-70mm EF Lens, Helios 44-2 58mm Lens, Canon 18-55mm & 50mm Lenses, Manfrotto 504HD Tripod (Standard + Hi-Hat Legs), Tiffen 4x4 Filters; Ultra Polariser, Set of ND, Set of Black Pro Mist. x3 ARRI Lights (650w,300w,150w), V-LOCK Battery and Power Distributer, 5”HDMI Monitor, Basic Track Dolly, MacBook Pro 15” Retina + a range of accessories, memory cards and cables to suit most situations.
- Ain't Misbehavin'A couple move back to London for one of their jobs. They both suspect each other of cheating but don’t have any proof. It soon turns to into lying, spying and plotting. With old friends and private detectives in the middle of it. Shot on location in Nottingham and London in the United Kingdom.
- AsteriaThis short film will test your powers of perception and belief in human kindness. A distressed woman seeks a child in a big city and once she discovers her whereabouts, she follows her with persistence and vigor, concluding in disaster and mayhem for all involved. The film takes a look into the characters lives and gives you a front row seat to witness and become engrossed in the emotion and events that unfold leaving you with plenty of questions that will have you thinking for some time after. Cast: ASTERIA - Rowan Scarborough KATIE - Jessica Waller KATIES MUM - Keren Adler YOUNG CHILDS MUM - Sophie Waller YOUNGER CHILD - Maggie Waller POLICE MAN - Luke Radford POLICE WOMAN - Chelsea-Anne Richter CAFE WAITER - Dan Skidmore MINI MARKET CASHIER - Alex Fraser RADIO PRESENTER - Andy Potter Shot on location in Derby and Belper, UK.
- The EndA mother and daughter take shelter in an abandoned farmhouse, hiding from the zombies chasing them. Once the daughter drifts off to sleep, we discover the mother has been bitten and the other zombies are closing in. Coldwater Canyon Pictures, We Are Heroes Films & N-FX presents THE END. Starring: Shelley Draper & Ava Nicolson Directed by: Crash Taylor & Raj Pathak Written by: Pia Cooke. Edited by Tina Smith & Crash Taylor Produced by: Raj Pathak Executive Producers: Crash Taylor & N-FX Director of Photography: Louis Vella
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Co-Op Healthcare TVCWe produced a series of commercials and online content for Co-Op Healthcare. The main piece was a 30 second TVC and attached here you can see the 20 second cutdown of it. Other content was created specific for social media and online and stills were taken on set for use in the wider campaign for out of home and POS.
- The WattsFuture Insights | Storytelling | Content Creation | Production | Ideation | Casting Transformation | Innovation |Tech4Good | Profit4Good |Value Placement | Communication Design Sound Design | Relational Framing | Neuroscience | CQ™ | BoxPlay | Edutainment Find out more on: https://thewattsseries.com/ The world of work is changing, fast. Most corporations have outdated systems that are ill-equipped both to serve their workforce and to tap into the new world of human-machine collaboration. Bo
DP & Camera Operator
Hey, I’m Louis, a DP, Camera Operator and AC based in the East Midlands, UK. I have experience in shooting award winning short & feature films, music videos and corporate videos covering a wide variety of genres including Drama, Comedy, Romance, Horror, Action & Period Piece. In addition to my camera work, I have also worked in theatre and live event lighting. I will be able to hit the floor running with any type of production due to my wide knowledge of different cameras, lenses, grip & lighting equipment that I have used over the past 6 years.
I was a Ramp Agent for Swissport at East Midlands Airport. My job included everything from handling the loading and unloading of baggage on commercial flights, giving aircraft ground power and being the headset man as a part of the 3 man push back team during aircraft departures. I was trained on the following: * Airside Driving Permit (ADP) LGV * GPU * Beltloaders * Passenger Steps * LIRF * Passenger Bus (Cobus 3000)
+ Show more
- Music Videos
- TV Film Commercial
- Corporate Content
- Camera Operation
- Director of Photography
- Arri Alexa
- Arri Canon Sony RED
- Own Equipment
- RED Digital Camera Experience
- Arri Lighting
Media Production (television Film
Level 3 BTEC National Diploma
Trinity College London - Arts Award GoldGold Arts Award http://artsaward.org.uk
Trinity College London - Arts Award SilverSilver Arts Award http://artsaward.org.uk
+ Show more