My name is Louise and I am a Product Design graduate from Ravensbourne, in North Greenwich. Since graduating I have been working as a design assistant before making my way from Production Assistant to Production Coordinator in my current role. I have worked in a variety of different design areas such as interiors, furniture and lighting and more recently barware and products for many different FMCG brands and the hospitality industry. This has developed my knowledge and allowed me to work on a variety of different projects and for a multitude of creative businesses over the years.Locked Pro Plan feature
• My main role has been to take verbal or written briefs and designing or sourcing effective solutions for those briefs. • Along with this I have made sure the product solutions fit within the budget allowed for the job. • I have developed sketches, visualisations, CAD drawings and other visual guides. • Overseen all jobs that are being made in the ceramics & carpentry workshops. • I have been in control of ordering in all materials that are required to complete the job. • As well as managing the production of a wide variety of products simultaneously with the various manufacturers/suppliers and ensuring that those products are on track and on budget by accurately recording all time and materials. • I have managed photo-shoots for new ranges of products for the e-shop as well as other sales platforms along with social media. • Ensuring all products are quality checked and fit for use in their environment before they are shipped to clients. • Daily, I have managed the projects via a group project management system called Podio. • I have develop and manage the relationships with existing manufacturers and suppliers.
• My main role was to design and make high-end wooden catering products for the hospitality industry. • I was responsible for many projects whilst at Rewthink including launching a new range of products for the business, helping to design a website and working with web developers to create this. • I was tasked with the daily running of the office and the workshop from contacting customers, arranging orders, managing office systems including CRM. Contacting suppliers and purchasing supplies as well as maintain machinery and tools used in the workshop. • I lead the marketing strategy within the business by utilising social media to tell the story of our business and generate sales. • I have experience of turning sketches into CAD drawings, which have then been run on CNC in- house or sent away to laser cutters and other external manufacturers.
• I was responsible for greeting visitors to the home and making connections with the outside community, to build relationships for the benefit of the home. • I was in charge of organising and running parties and events inside the home and organised a 2nd birthday party for the residents and relatives as well a Christmas event inside the home. • The role developed my understanding for Alzheimer’s and Dementia and encouraged me to think of activities that help the residents living with the conditions by improving memory, reminiscing and creating a homely environment for the residents to minimise stress and frustration. • Along with my duties as Activity Coordinator I was also responsible for managing the Activity department at the care home. Ensuring that residents have their needs met, and that a variety of daily meaningful activities to enhance their lives are provided. • I was in charge of organising functions and events within the home. • I had the responsibility of managing budgets, rotas and managing staff within the Activities department.
• My main role involved assisting Head of Sales and Office Assistant in welcoming visitors to the stand. • I represented the brand and the brand values.
• I was involved in 2 projects for Green owl Toys, one of the projects was to design a range of swords and shields for the company to propose to Historic Royal Palaces.
• As part of a team I helped manage Jay Watson’s stand at Design Junction. • I assisted in proof reading and amendment of interview for major magazine. • I assisted in talking to visitors of Jay Watson’s stand at Design Junction. • I created and managed a Facebook page to encourage social media around his products. • I produced instructional documents for products and catalogues of the company’s products on InDesign.
June 2007 – June 2015- PET CARE VETERINARY SURGERY- Kennel Assistant • My main task involved the maintaining of equipment for use in consultations and surgery. • I regularly assist the nurses and vets with administering minor medical aid. • I supported the veterinary nurses with admin and stocktaking. • I was tasked with the training of junior members of staff within surgery on many occasions. • I was solely responsible for Postal duties and using petty cash. • I assisted the cleaning team with the maintenance and regular cleaning of the surgery.
During my degree I gained a range of creative, technical and professional skills including: • Product design • Human-centred design • Photography • CAD Modelling • Rapid prototyping • Concept development • Presentation Skills • InDesign • Photoshop • Illustrator • Packaging Design
In my multidisciplinary diploma, I explored a range of design practices Including: • Product design • Interior design • Graphic design • Fashion and textile design • Lens-based media
I have been named as one of 70 rising stars that Design Council believes represent the future of British design. http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/ones-watch-winners
Presented by ISOBAR at the She Says Awards, my project Monkeyton was awarded with the 'Idea without limits award'.