You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I have always had a passion for writing and a strong interest in marketing. Having gained experience interning as an PR Account Assistant, I am familiar with generating press releases / roundup summaries for clients, liaising with journalists and supporting the team across various departments. My first encounter with marketing occurred during my final year of studying Television Production at university. With the ambitious task of funding and filming a documentary in India, my production team and I had five weeks to raise £3000. I generated content for our Facebook and Twitter accounts, and maintained a production blog. These were updated throughout production to keep backers up to date with our progress, making them feel like part of our journey. I was also responsible for creating the content for our Kickstarter page, with a goal of £1500. (Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/2lZVFjb) I gave our production team a relatable voice and ran small competitions on Twitter and Facebook, encouraging winners to share a photo of themselves with their prize on our social media pages. We managed to fully fund the project within the allocated time, and the finished documentary received a First. Aside from my practical work, my 12,000-word dissertation titled “How Web 2.0 is utilised in today’s society and its subsequent influence on creativity” also achieved a First. Outside of university, I have always maintained a personal blog with content based on my own life experiences, and have also contributed to the Graduate Jobs website. In terms of employment, I have experience working remotely as a freelance content writer; generating SEO content to drive website traffic, consisting of articles focused on health care, beauty products and current / emerging digital trends. As demonstrated through the tone used in my personal blog compared to that of my freelance work, my writing style is flexible and can adapt to fit different requirements and appeal to different audiences.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Assisting with press releases. • Generating media lists / tip sheets. • Pitching features to journalists. • Generating weekly roundup summaries for clients. • Working under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Being familiar with multiple collections. • Merchandising collections. • Liaising with clients, completing orders.
• Researching current and emerging digital trends to provide accurate information. • Generating engaging, informative blog posts. • Working to tight deadlines.
Freelance content writing • Researching products and topics in the area of health and beauty care. • Meeting content expectations. • Writing SEO oriented content to promote website traffic.
Homeroom Teacher – Nursery 2 (age 3) • Planning activities based on students’ interest to develop knowledge and curiosity. • Teaching through structured play to motivate and stimulate learning abilities. • Participating in school events. • Submitting weekly lesson plans. • Evaluating student progress reports for meeting academic learning targets.
• Meeting individual targets for loyalty card registration on a daily basis. • General retail procedures: cycle counts, promotion change, till operation. • Advising customers based on a broad and detailed knowledge of products. • QCF level 3 qualification in Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements and Health products. With additional experience as a brand ambassador working on numerous campaigns, I have learnt to adapt to new situations and feel comfortable with new people quickly. My time spent teaching has taught me that I am patient, flexible, quick to use my Initiative and thrive in a fast paced working environment.
- First class dissertation on ‘How Web 2.0 is utilised in today’s society and its subsequent influence on creativity’. - Consistently achieving grades at a 2:1 and First in both practical and theory modules including; Media and Society, Media Transformations, Advertising and Promotional Culture, Audience Studies, Documentary Production, Promotional Shorts, Multicamera Production. • Managing a workload to complete tasks to strict deadlines. • Producing online marketing content covering social media platforms, generating blog posts and creating behind the scenes footage. • Crowd funding through social media to fund a final year documentary project filmed in India. • Basic knowledge operating DSLR, proficient editing using Final Cut Pro 7.
Distinction, Distinction, Merit in BTEC National Diploma in Media Production