I'm Lyd Raghavan - an award-winning creative, copywriter, conceptor and campaign creator who likes to make funny, powerful and culture-forming work. I've made viral sensations on a budget that most agencies spend at the pub on a Friday night. True Story. Currently, I am spreading the love around and going freelance to pursue opportunities in creative hotspots with a leaning towards youth culture and content creation. After seven years in the industry, I have evolved into a hybrid creative, branching out into entertainment formats. I’m obsessed with writing ideas that don’t feel like ads - things you wouldn’t expect brands to say or do. For Viceland, I created an award-winning mini-series that posed ridiculous questions from online parenting forums to Grime artists and Producers. Grimenet garnered over six million unique impressions on Vice’s Snapchat channel and over two million views on social. For Viceland’s French audience the series featured popular French rappers. My passion at the moment is developing short-form and entertainment formats for brands and broadcast. I’m currently working on pitches for comedy, documentary and reality shows. Up for a chat? Get in touch on the emails. firstname.lastname@example.org
- WTM DepopWear The Movement was a 360 campaign, designed to promote vintage clothing on Depop. The influence of 90s acid rave was starting to seep into fashion via streetwear brands like Gosha and Virgil Abloh. Long before the Saatchi gallery’s ‘Sweet Harmony: Rave’ exhibition, we collaborated with NTS Radio and The Youth Club to put on a 90s style rave at Corsica Studios with an exhibition that showcased original items of rave clothing alongside archive photos of people wearing the same pieces. All th
- The Green PartyThe Not So Secret Life Of Five-Year-Old Politicans A party election broadcast I wrote for The Greens that was viewed a colossal 20 million times worldwide. It trended on Twitter, blew up on Facebook and got a mention on BBC Sunday Politics. The broadcast propelled Sian Berry, the Green Party's Mayoral candidate, to 3rd place - their best result on record.
- GrimenetIt's violently safe to say that Grime artists don't go on Mumsnet. "Is it a MILF website?" was one guess. So we ripped a bunch of thread topics from Mumsnet forums and asked the UK Grime scene for their sage advice. I concepted and directed the five, three to four-minute films that premiered on the channel before going out on social - where they connected with a young audience and built VICELAND'S brand awareness. Over 2 million views online. Over 6 million unique impressions on Snapchat.
- PrideA series of films we created to explore the feeling of Pride for young members of the LGBTQIA+ community. As well as issues around gender and sexual identity, the films uncovered a spectrum of problems facing young people today from mental health to colourism and body shaming. Issues very close to my heart.
- Weed WeekTo celebrate 420, VICELAND, naturally, scheduled a week of their dankest weed shows. The 360 campaign we created had to spotlight weed in the hypest but most compliance-friendly way possible. So we pulled together pre-watershed promos, put giant spliffs on billboards around London, sent a bifta to space and curated the perfect care package for a stoned TV binging session.
+ View all
Creative and Content Developer
- London, United KingdomFreelance
At Sunshine, I was brought on board to create short-form content for Sunshine's clients.
+ Show more
- Ad Copywriting
- Advertising Concepts
- Creative Research
- Creative Art Direction
- Branded Content
- Branded Documentary
Grimenet - Best Uncategorised EntryCreative CircleGrime artists don't go on Mumsnet. 'Is it a milf website?' was one guess. So we ripped a bunch of questions and thread topics from Mumsnet forums and asked the UK Grime scene for their sage advice. The series picked up a Silver for Best Uncategorised Entry.