I am the co-founder and Planning Partner of Wax/On, a new kind of hybrid creative and media agency. Previously I was one of the owners of Karmarama, the UK's leading independent creative agency. I call myself a planner and I'm a data-driven marketing strategist. I'm most at home devising integrated creative and communication strategies for brands, and I frequently turn my hand to harnessing data for targeting and consumer insight. I have spent quite some time in my career developing and implementing data-driven content strategies and have had the honour of working on a number of world-class eCRM programmes including American Express, BT, British Airways, Honda, IBM, Mercedes-Benz, and Sainsbury's. I champion best practice in digital and data-driven marketing in my role as Non Executive Chair of the DMA (UK) Group. I'm an active campaigner for diversity. I'm the President of PrideAM, the world's first advertising LGBT+ network, lobbying for LGBT+ diversity in marketing and advertising. I'm an experienced researcher and am a Certified Member of the MRS. I speak very good Spanish, good Portuguese and dreadful French.
- Rory Sutherland on his favourite 2020 Christmas adsIt was a real honour to have Rory Sutherland on the Wax Lyrical podcast. He shared his favourite Christmas ads, and along the way imparted a great deal of marketing wisdom and many behavioural science nuggets. Definitely one to listen to over the Christmas break. Listen on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/episode/2Uf2atc3rHgkvaHM5WRtSJ?si=CWMUkeOzSB6blp7edAF-Uw Here's to a happier, healthier and prosperous 2021! X
- How lockdown accelerated DTC plans for these new brandsWe've done another podcast! In this episode we speak to the founders of two new brands for whom the pandemic has either kick-started their direct to consumer ambitions or dramatically accelerated them. One has found a gap in the the highly competitive drinks market and the other has set out to disrupt the furniture category.
- Is the new Coke campaign woke enough?Thanks for all your comments and support for the advertising podcast. To hear the latest episode just search "Wax Lyrical" on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (And here's a link https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/is-coca-colas-new-positioning-relevant-to-todays-modern/id1441342885?i=1000466415319 Former Coca Cola Exec Guy Duncan gives us his thoughts on Coke's new positioning and he shares some fascinating stories from the brand's 70 years of TV advertising including the making of the iconic "I'd li
- The Outvertising Awards are now open for entriesPROUD of your diverse and inclusive work? It's FREE to enter the Outvertising Awards celebrating LGBTQ+ inclusion in advertising and marketing. Whether you've already produced a great campaign, or you've got a great idea you'd love to share, or you're just starting out on your advertising career, there's a category for you. ENTRIES NOW OPEN. Outvertising is a Not For Profit, run entirely by volunteers, lobbying for improved LGBTQ+ inclusion in advertising and marketing. I'm looking forward to
- What can commercial advertising learn from political campaigning?https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/election-special-what-can-marketers-learn-from-2019/id1441342885?i=1000459020567 Ben and I are joined by political advertising expert Benedict Pringle and former ITN Political Analyst and Editor of BBC Political Research David Cowling to analyse political marketing strategies. Advertising agencies used to lead election campaigns: remember Saatchi & Saatchi's "Labour isn't working" from 1978? Those days are gone and most of the work is now done in house by
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Mentor Programme 2021 | OutvertisingThe Outvertising Mentor Programme is back! After last year’s hugely successful programme, we’re thrilled to be opening applications once more to both mentors and mentees. We know good mentors play a vital role in providing support and guidance to those in the LGTBQ+ community at work in order to thrive.3
- The Outvertising PodcastIn our podcast, you'll learn more about our work, and hear us chat to inspirational leaders within the Advertising and Marketing industry. We help to amplify the voices of the LGBTQ+ community in order to promote more awareness of current issues and trends. We support everyone LGBTQ+ and straight allies working in advertising and marketing to be their authentic selves and become positive role models. Our Podcast host, Joanne Oatts, is an award-winning freelance creative director, with over 20
- British Heart Foundation, Dechox campaign 2019Dechox is a British Heart Foundation campaign that asks people to give up chocolate for a month, for charity. Rather than focusing on any negative stereotypes or guilt tactics, we decided to show people what their chocolate gets up to when you send it packing for the month, demonstrating that if chocolate isn't missing you, you shouldn't miss it either. The result was an extremely successful campaign for the charity and a 5/5 rating on The Drum.
- British Heart Foundation, London To Brighton Bike Ride 2019The London to Brighton bike ride is the British Heart Foundation's flagship event. We were challenged with making a film that promotes this year's ride around the theme of togetherness. With a modest budget, the client was expecting a re-edit of last years event footage. We felt this would not do the event justice and so pitched a variety of routes that get to the heart of the proposition. The final film far exceeded expectation and looked pretty good to boot!
+ Show more
Co-founder & Planning PartnerWax/on
London, United KingdomFull Time
Wax/On is a new kind of agency; we've brought creative and media back together for modern brands and organisations. Seamless integration of brand building creativity and multi-channel media buying. Delivering great work produced cost-effectively, distributed intelligently and accurately. All under one roof.