Originally from Southern California, Marlene bounced around from city to city within the United States as a child wondering where she would land. As an adult, she is now a graduate of the University of New Mexico with a BFA in Film & Digital Media and a current MA student at the London Film School and still curious about where she'll land. Her 16mm directorial debut 'SANGRE' was an Official Selection of the San Pedro International Film Festival 2017, and explored the theme of 'unconditional love' and raised the question 'could you love someone after learning the ugliest truth about them?' As she continues directing, she hopes to improve her skills in telling stories that are deeply personal and to continue to ask tough questions through her work.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Supervised early development and pre-production stages, developed and maintained a £7,500 budget. • Successfully crowdfunded £3,200 via Kickstarter, exceeding our goal by 148%. • Oversaw and managed a studio shoot, including a set build, transport and catering.
Lead on licensed shoots, operated Canon Cinema lens kit. Worked on the press lines to build a relationship with publicists to secure coverage. Covered various events including awards receptions and panels.
• Scheduled film shoot, location and transport arrival. Prepared and delivered call sheets. • Managed and supervised cast and crew, while maintaining health and safety on set.
• Supervised cast and crew, assisted with ensuring cast was ready on time.
• Managed day-to-day production challenges, and hired in crew as needed in order to deliver the film on time.
• Supervised early development and pre-production stages. Launched PR campaign and secured an IndieWire Project of the Week feature. • Assisted in crowdfunding $16,000 USD via Kickstarter.
• Worked with Charlie O’Dowd to manage the project from development to completion. • Managed PR campaign and secured coverage on TheLala, The Daily Lobo and ABQ FreePress, as well as a TV spot on The Morning Brew. • Successfully crowdfunded $6,000 USD.
• Managed production from development to completion under the supervision of Michael Kamins. • Secured all locations and picture cars and managed associated insurance issues.
'SANGRE', Writer/Director. 2 min, 16mm short film, shot in London.
'Halvor's Radio', Associate Producer. Short film, shot in Albuquerque.