- Paloma Faith "Warrior"Continuing their longstanding creative collaboration, Black Dog Films director Thomas James, and singer/songwriter Paloma Faith use the new video for ‘Warrior’ to celebrate a number of human rights campaigners. LGBT activist Owen Jones, transgender Voice UK singer Rikki Beadle-Blair; and actor and playwright Rikki Beadle-Blair all feature in James’ latest work for the singer. Speaking to Attitude Magazine Faith said; “In this video Thomas James and I asked some incredible people we know or have
- Cholé / Semaine - The Full EnglishTo celebrate the opening of their second London home at New Bond Street in the heart of London’s bustling West End, Chloé have released “The Full English”. Directed by Sophie Edelstein, the film celebrates the London look of four free-spirited Chloé girls over a traditional English breakfast. The film, in collaboration with Semaine features artist and designer Christabel Macgreevy, actress and model Anna Brewster, singer Izzy Bizu, and fashion blogger Camille Charrière.
- Nowness #untaggableAs part of the Nowness #Untaggable series with Audi, mixed media artists and music video auteurs Shynola explored the personal nature of music. Their film for Nowness, set to the track from Warp Producer Mark Pritchard and Radiohead’s Thom Yorke, sees two dancers performing their own interpretation of the same choreography over 100 miles apart. The intricacy of the split screen/merge format is stunning, and a feat that could have only been conceived and actualised by Shynola. Of the project, Shy
- Joe Hertz - Playing For YouBrixton native Joe Hertz is a breath of fresh air, creating smooth soul-filled instrumentals, with alluring R&B layers. Today Complex UK exclusively premieres the empowering visual to his incredible single “Playing For You.”Black Dog Films Director Hugo Jenkins, the visual follows reports of the cultural and religious barriers a women face against spots, such as the hijab ban. With the hijab and burkini bans in the current news cycle, Joe puts out a visual exploring freedom and self confidence
- Nowness - Jab JabScenes, a series from Nowness, sees filmmakers capture wild and wonderful cultural experiences around the world. In “Jab Jab” Black Dog Films directors Reuben Millns and Tom Harrad, explore Grenada’s annual J’ouvert festival. Every year, thousands of Grenadians congregate in the middle of the night to ‘play Jab,’ covered head-to-toe in motor oil as a symbol of remembrance and defiance. The directors worked with carnival organisers and locals to gain an understanding into the importance of Jab J
Projects credited in
- EYH LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN TO HELP TURN LIVES AROUNDEYH has this week launched a new brand awareness campaign, ‘Turn Lives Around’, with creative by WCRS, production from Black Dog Films, and media provided by Jack Agency. The campaign posters depict homeless young people asleep in unsafe places. However, when the pictures are inverted you can see our young people in heroic poses, with their sleeping bags becoming superheroes’ capes billowing in flight. The campaign aims to change the public’s perceptions of youth homelessness. Homeless young p7
+ Show more