- KIONIIIn June 2020 I was hired by Kionii to work as an in-house illustrator to create illustrations for a variety of marketing purposes including social media posts, website banners, newsletters, printed customer cards, playlist covers, merchandise designs and also packaging designs for the black owned jewellery company. After a few weeks I took on additional hours and marketing assistant tasks including the planning, creation and posting of marketing campaigns on different platforms like Instagram, F
- LOCKED INThis collection of observational illustrations is called 'Locked In' which was done during lockdown of a few rooms belonging to various people. I used reference photos sent to me as I wasn't able to visit, and the purpose of the collection was to capture their personalities, but without people. This was done by including all the personal details found within their homes and using this alongside colour and cropping to suggest their character. I wanted to help people appreciate the beauty of their
- Only Fans and young people: exploitation or empowermentIn April 2021 I was commissioned by Voice Box and Parent Zone to create 4 illustrations to accompany their report highlighting the impact that the new pornography platform ‘Only Fans’ is having on young people. The report touched on all areas including both the positive and negatives for the users of the platform as well as the content creators. I feel it's so important to openly talk about sex/bodies/relationships etc in order to improve sex education, reduce stigma on the topics and therefo
- Animal Kingdom - Pack of cardsIllustrated pack of playing cards WIP. - Still a long way to go on this project, but here is what I have so far! Having always enjoyed card games, I’ve wanted to illustrate a pack of cards for a while now, and had the theme idea for over a year! I’ve seen plenty of artists do it, and love seeing how every approach is so unique and interesting. My approach is to have each suit represent a different species, and use a limited colour pallet so the distinction is clear.
- Packaging DesignAs a personal project to try and add some different contextualisation to my illustration work, I have been working on incorporating my illustrations into packaging designs, mostly food focused, as well as challenging my hatred for typography by creating the necessary branding for these hypothetical products too! The first of (hopefully) many more designs includes 4 conceptual smoothie drinks. I was able to have a lot of fun with this one! To create the labels, I drew a variety of fruits and ve
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Arts University Bournemouth, BA (Hons) IllustrationThe BA Illustration course at AUB is founded on an inclusive notion of illustration, that recognises the breadth of practices, and contexts within which it operates. Here, students define their own universe whilst building the skills to enable them to adapt to the rapidly expanding and diversifying field of contemporary illustration, whether those are drawing, print, digital or time-based practices. AUB illustration students are resourceful and agile creatives who maintain a clear sense of th48
- Nationwide Degree Show: The Association of Illustrators CurationThe Nationwide Degree Show is a collection of work from art & design students, who's final year shows have been cancelled due to COVID19. What started as an initiative by Fresh Meet to plaster billboards across the UK with student work, has now resulted in an online collection of over 1000 submissions from over 100 universities and 17 creative disciplines. The Curation Series is a programme of student work selected by industry leaders, creative pioneers and trendsetters. Below you will find a9
- The Writer meets North London illustrator Mary Hart (Video Interview) The Writer sits down with a talented young illustrator called Mary from North London. Mary discusses the creative process behind her eye-catching illustrations and digital portraits. Starting only two years ago, Mary has an undeniable skill. She started university this month and talks to the writer about where she wants her degree to take her and her long-term career goals.
- Vagazine: The Positive PublicationDuring my final year of university, I developed a publication promoting self-confidence and self-care. This work was created in light of the promotion of pseudoscientific hygiene products specifically targeted at women, regardless of any evidence of success, and in some cases where these products could actually be unsafe. This marketplace has its roots in the shame women experience if they do not abide by the constantly shifting standards of beauty normalised within celebrity endorsements
- Lady GardenA collection of images I created for the publication 'Lady Garden' by Sophie McPherson. The publication is a guide for women of all ages and nationalities on personal hygiene depicting taboo topics and giving useful tips. The work I've created was responding to existing texts or Sophie's ideas. I got to create a variety of female characters as well as work on spot illustrations of all kinds of objects.
+ Show more
In house IllustratorKionii
- London, United KingdomPart Time
In house illustrator for a black owned jewellery business company called Kionii. The role requires me to work from home, communicating with other members of the marketing team through Slack and Zoom to create illustrated content for merchandise and social media content.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Illustration
- Observational Drawing
- Reportage Illustration
- Scenic Art
- Album Artwork
- Album Art
+ Show more